Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limited Company & moving to Oz

Options
  • 05-06-2012 4:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi all,

I'm not sure if this has been covered already so I'll go ahead and ask.

I am hoping to move from Ireland to Australia in the next few months and are currently self employed (Limited Company) in the Engineering field.
    I have been looking into the visa issue and it has been suggested that my limited company sponsor my visa application, in essence its a self sponsored visa.

Has anyone done this? If so, how has it turned out? was it easier or harder to find employment?

Thanks for reading,
    Dave

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

Sorry, it doesn't work like that. You need a sponsor in Australia to sponsor you.

You can have a look at a business owner visa, which is to set up a business in Australia
    http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/business/160/

• Registered Users Posts: 2 dvha

hussey, thanks for the response.

I have been in contact with an australian migration company (carre migration) and they say that I can get my company to sponsor my visa, as I am setting up a business in the country. I have a business plan ready to be sent, financial records from my accountant and I am about to pay the first installment on the visa.

Are you saying that the migration company is wrong in what they are doing?
    I'm a bit confused now?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

It could be just semantics around the word 'sponsor'
    to me sponsor = 457, and you cannot get this based on an Irish company.

when they say 'sponsor' it could mean the business visa as above.
    Ask them what visa exactly you would be applying for

Advertisement