Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Circle of friends- HELP!

• 05-06-2012 4:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭

Hey firstly I haven't actually read CoF as I would much prefer to rip my own ears off. I have a very general outline of what happens and I will only really need to refer to the overall themes and story in the comparative answer as I have put loads of time into Casablanca and Sive. I just want to know if I'm missing any key moments in the story or if I'm completely wrong :/

So as far as I know.

Characters:

Benny Hogan, the hero. Fat and lacking confidence at the start. Parents own a shop or something where creepy Sean Walsh works and wants to marry her (???).

Eve, Benny's best friend. Raised by the nuns in a convent. Apparently gets very defensive over Benny's shortcomings. Her family on her (mother's/father's ??) side left her money to go to college.

Nan Mahon, son of well of city Dublin folk. Sexy bitch who gets all the lads. In a relationship with Simon Westward.

Aiden, Eve's love interest.

Jack Foley. The hunk who all the girls love, well off family.

Events

Starts off with a Eve's bday and Benny becomes friends with her. We go forward in time and the girls are preparing to go to UCD. Benny's parents are protective over her leaving and she has to come home every evening.

Once their in UCD they meet Nan and are exposed to the new social life. I presume this is where Aiden pops up? Benny starts to fall for Jack and she goes to a party hosted by the Foleys and she wears a dress that shows off her tits and she feels really confident or something.

Falls for Jack. Her Dad dies in a car crash and I'm guessing that's a tragic moment for her. Nan goes to an abandoned cottage and has sex with Simon Westward. Nan gets pregnant, Simon wants her to have an abortion in England. Nan gets with Jack when he is drunk after a rugby party and has sex with him- she then tells him that she's pregnant. Jack proposes to her. Eve SOMEHOW?? finds out that it's actually Simon's baby. Eve hurts Nan's arm in a fight and Jack calls the marriage off. Jack apologises to Benny but she's matured and doesn't want him back.

Could someone fill me in with the details or correct me if I'm wrong. That's all I could make out from falling asleep in class and information of Wikipedia! The vultures on the net are selling every plot analysis so I can't get a comprehensive guide to the story.

Thanks a million, any help is appreciated :D

Comments

Advertisement