Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Self employment(agribusiness)

• 05-06-2012 4:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 356 ✭✭

Hi

I was made redundant last christmas and after many cv's sent in for various jobs with not as much as a reply ive decided f**k them all im going to follow my own dream and do something im passionate about and start my own business so i am going to college next year to do a 3 year diploma in agribusiness and rural enterprise.I know it is going to be a long road but i have a young family to think about and i believe there is light at the end of the tunnel and iam going for it. During my studies i hope to start work on a business plan and i was wondering would like minded people have ideas or advice on sectors in the agri indusrty i should look into.
    Thanks for reading.

Paul

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,343 ✭✭✭bob charles

well what sides of Ag interest you. Suppose you will need the diploma if you want to pre sue some job, but if your doing a diploma just to get knowledge for you'r own farming needs is it really worth it? If you can get a job working on a top farm in the area that most interest you it will be the quickest learning curve

• Closed Accounts Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Atilathehun

bizzyb wrote: »
    Hi

I was made redundant last christmas and after many cv's sent in for various jobs with not as much as a reply ive decided f**k them all im going to follow my own dream and do something im passionate about and start my own business so i am going to college next year to do a 3 year diploma in agribusiness and rural enterprise.I know it is going to be a long road but i have a young family to think about and i believe there is light at the end of the tunnel and iam going for it. During my studies i hope to start work on a business plan and i was wondering would like minded people have ideas or advice on sectors in the agri indusrty i should look into.
    Thanks for reading.

Paul

LC, gives grinds if you are struggling with anything in college -:)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭restive

If i were you the first thing i would look at is money. It is the best guarentee that you will be able to stay at it long term.

My personnel opinion is that most of the people who make money out of it are not the ones farming directly, rearing cattle etc. I think looking round that people who are either providing a service to farmers, contracting or are selling them machinery etc are the ones who make the most money out of farming.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 208 ✭✭kingstown

Restive, I agree with some of what you are saying with regard to making sure that Bizzyb is able to finance the next three years and be able to complete the term. It would be a pity to have a year or two done and then unable to complete due to funds.

Bizzvb, I for one wish you well and hope you get there......

Restive - Regarding your comment that the only people making money out of farming are the guys providing services contractors, machinery dealers etc - thats just pure nonsense, and sounds like a typical comment from a person who has an attitude that the other side of the fence is greener.
    General throw away comments like that don't make sense...........

kingstown wrote: »
    Restive, I agree with some of what you are saying with regard to making sure that Bizzyb is able to finance the next three years and be able to complete the term. It would be a pity to have a year or two done and then unable to complete due to funds.

Bizzvb, I for one wish you well and hope you get there......

Restive - Regarding your comment that the only people making money out of farming are the guys providing services contractors, machinery dealers etc - thats just pure nonsense, and sounds like a typical comment from a person who has an attitude that the other side of the fence is greener.
    General throw away comments like that don't make sense...........

Really, my accountant makes alot of sense and he says otherwise!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 208 ✭✭kingstown

I'm sure glad to hear your accountant makes a lot of sense...........:rolleyes:

kingstown wrote: »
    I'm sure glad to hear your accountant makes a lot of sense...........:rolleyes:

Indeed

Advertisement