Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wedding food in Wineport & Glasson Golf Hotel

Options
  • 05-06-2012 4:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm looking into booking a wedding in the Wineport or Glasson Golf Hotel. Has anyone been to a wedding in these hotels and if so what was the food like?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭slowharry

Was at a wedding in Glasson Golf course over Christmas the food was great.

Only been to the afters in the Wineport but no one was complaining about the food when I got there.

To be honest I don't think food quality would be an issue with either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭CLARiiON

yeah, i was@a wedding in Glasson Golf Hotel a few weeks ago. 10 outta 10, both for food and for the ambiance of the venue.
    Could not fault it to be honest. But unfortunately I cannot compare it to the Wineport [I have never attended a wedding there] but by all accounts a little more pricey

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭boredatwork82

Actually heard a story from a few years back, where the food in wineport was so fancy but not filling that a load of people went up to the dog and duck for pints and cocktail sausages/sandwichs. But that was years ago. So probably no good to use as a comparison.
    The guy who told me was at said event.

As for the Golf club, everyone that goes there for Weddings raves about it.
    Fantastic setting, and lovely hotel.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Good few years back I went to a wedding in the Wineport, heard all the horror stories about popping out afterwards for some chips but that was not the case, bigger portions than when you eat in the restaurant and no complaints.

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,438 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

I heard those stories a few years back about small portions in the Wineport but it doesn't seem to apply nowadays and anyway, you can't compare a wedding meal with what is served up to people who book a table by themselves for dinner. With a wedding meal you know exactly in advance how much food is going to be served up to each guest so there is no possibility of getting caught out on the day.

Both of those places have by now done dozens if not hundreds of weddings each, they really don't have much to prove at this stage.

• Advertisement
Advertisement