Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

irish essay titles

• 05-06-2012 4:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

hi all, just wondering if somebody could give me some much needed advice. I am doing LC Honours Irish externally. i only have one irish essay prepared, ie learnt off by heart.which is the recession and covers emigration and unemployment also. I know myself its not enough but wondering is it enough at this late stage to go in with just this and the debate opening and closing lines. Is it enough to work with or should i learn something like the state of the irish language too? I believe that the essay marks are 20% subject matter and 80% grammar, spelling etc. is this correct? so even if i write my essay on the recession if it doesnt really fit the title, could i still get 80% of the marks? many thanks for all your help and good luck to everyone.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 131 ✭✭grantyrs10

bettyboop1 wrote: »
    hi all, just wondering if somebody could give me some much needed advice. I am doing LC Honours Irish externally. i only have one irish essay prepared, ie learnt off by heart.which is the recession and covers emigration and unemployment also. I know myself its not enough but wondering is it enough at this late stage to go in with just this and the debate opening and closing lines. Is it enough to work with or should i learn something like the state of the irish language too? I believe that the essay marks are 20% subject matter and 80% grammar, spelling etc. is this correct? so even if i write my essay on the recession if it doesnt really fit the title, could i still get 80% of the marks? many thanks for all your help and good luck to everyone.

I would maybe go about learning some handy phrases and an opening and conclusion that could fit any topic. Yes you are right in regard to 80 for cumas gaeilge and 20 for ábhar,however if you regurgitate an essay that has nothing to do with the title you will get 0 out of 100. generallly followed by gan chiall- without sense.
    So If i was you i wud learn the phrases and intro/conclusion. Try and have something about social problems you can usuallly fit it in under any title one way or another.

Best of luck lets hope for recession one way or another :D

• Registered Users Posts: 37 bettyboop1

thanks a million, that has helped me greatly. I really appreciate your advice-good luck :)

Advertisement