Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's with the Volvos on the Docks?

Options
  • 05-06-2012 4:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,245 ✭✭✭

What's the story with the two volvo cars down at the docks? They're parked up and one has Volvo Ocean Race written on it. Are they used by the race organisers or just there for show? I'm amazed they haven't been nicked/vandalised! Says something for Galway people. I wouldn't be leaving a shiney new Volvo on a regular basis anywhere along the Liffey!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Is this an advertorial? :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭scholar007

squonk wrote: »
    What's the story with the two volvo cars down at the docks? They're parked up and one has Volvo Ocean Race written on it. Are they used by the race organisers or just there for show? I'm amazed they haven't been nicked/vandalised! Says something for Galway people. I wouldn't be leaving a shiney new Volvo on a regular basis anywhere along the Liffey!

The nicking and vandalising fraternity in Galway are reputed to have more taste and would much prefer a maserati or lambo or ferrari or if they are really stuck they have been known to partake of the odd Merc or in very dire circumstances, a Beemer! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭kinetic

One of the more pointless threads on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,245 ✭✭✭squonk

Not an advertorial at all. i was just wondering like!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭scholar007

kinetic wrote: »
    One of the more pointless threads on here.

Wonder why you are posting in it then? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

squonk wrote: »
    I'm amazed they haven't been nicked/vandalised! Says something for Galway people.
    You'd be hard pushed to nick a Volvo.

Advertisement