Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

USC Earning Under €4,000 a year

Options
  • 05-06-2012 5:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭

I work only 6 hours a week or less sometimes. Should I be paying USC? Is it the company i work for taking this tax from me? I earn less than 4000 a year. USC have been taken every week from me in 2011 and 2012. i believe I am untitled to a refund? Do I ask my employer or revenue to refund it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Clauric

OP, I would contact your employers and ask them to check to ensure that their payroll system is correctly calculating the USC, PAYE/tax credits, and PRSI (stamps and deductions, not mentioned but should check anyway). It will not do you much good for 2011 or 2012's USC contributions to date, but will help going forward.

As for 2011's USC contributions, you should have been given a P60 (total taxable earnings, tax paid, etc) as well as a USC for (total earnings subject to USC - may be different from total earnings - as well as USC paid). You should bring these into your nearest tax office (check Revenue online for nearest) or contact their PAYE section.

You should also ensure that your eployers give you a payslip each pay period, stating what the deductions from your wages are.

If you need further info, or calculations of your USC, PAYE, etc, please PM me, and I can do the full calculations.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭katerina621

hi,thanks. I will get my p45 next week. then i will contact revenue about usc for 2011/2012. i am sure I shouldn't have been charged in 2011/2012 as I earn less then 4000 a year. also there are no payslips(as many other employees not getting them) since May. Informed manager, but this company doesn't seem to be co-operating. lots of things are so wrong. No contract given, no bank holidays paid.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭katerina621

but also i went to work today to give my uniform and swipe card back. so they got the uniform and said that they stopped paying deposit for uniform 2 years ago. i worked for this company 4,5 years,when i started they took 50 euro of me, which they said i will get back when i finish. is this legal to fefuse to return deposit for uniform when i finish employment with them?

Advertisement