Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Camping in the wilderness.

Options
  • 05-06-2012 5:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Myself and 2 friends would like to go out camping in the woods, I have previous camping experience and would like to go somewhere new and remote. We would like somewhere scenic in the wicklow/dublin area that isnt too far of a hike from a road we could get someone to drop us off at because we will have a bit of gear.

Please can anyone suggest something? We do not want to go to a campsite but would be appreciative if anyone could suggest areas with possible camping huts as well. Thanks a lot! :):)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Road Bandit

There's a story here about Lug camping: http://www.mountainleaders.ie/blog2.html , but is not close to a road. Glensoulan near Powerscourt Waterfall and on the Wickow Way north of Djouce is a good site, but can be popular. The west side of Carrigvore and moving on towards Duff Hill has a few good camp sites but it must be dry! There is a shelter on the Wicklow Way track of Paddock hill that seems to be used for overnights at times, but I've never used it. Be safe out there & enjoy

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 153 ✭✭malin182

I used to camp at an area off Djouce near crone woods, as you pass by the entrance to crone woods car park on the left there is a little area off the road about 100 yards down on the right where a couple of cars can park and a walk down (part of the wicklow way as far as I know). The only thing is this can be popular on the weekends by the wrong type of people so would suggest a weeknight if at all possible.

Im actually wondering of somewhere else to go though, not too far off the road as well if anyone can suggest an area in Wicklow which is not overrun with pikeys!?

Advertisement