Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Power outage, how far?

Options
  • 05-06-2012 5:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭

Power Outage as storm approaches now at time of post: Skehard Road:

Other reports please:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭MrFrisp

gbee wrote: »
    Power Outage as storm approaches now at time of post: Skehard Road:

Other reports please:

Storm? What storm?

No problems with power here....Togher/Lehenaghmore area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

SexyGuy wrote: »
    Storm? What storm? No problems with power here....Togher/Lehenaghmore area. .

It's a slow moving squall line developing thunderstorms, seemingly a strike tripped the mains for Mahon, including Mahon Point ~ back now.

Thanks, Togher is a different feed. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

The lights were out at the jack lynch tunnel roundabout around the time of the OP. Guess it must be for the same reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Catalpa1

The weather front is heading down east Cork I think Blackrock/Mahon is sorted Midleton now effected , you can follow the impact here I posted this last week

https://www.esb.ie/esb-networks/powercheck/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

Catalpa1 wrote: »
    Midleton now effected

there's fairly heavy thunder in Midleton now. power still fine where I am, so far anyway :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Catalpa1

The map shows it out near Ballyspillane I dont really know the area I think they work off the nearest big transformer

gbee wrote: »
    It's a slow moving squall line developing thunderstorms, seemingly a strike tripped the mains for Mahon, including Mahon Point ~ back now.

Thanks, Togher is a different feed. :)

Cool...I didn't know about the storm.

Seeing some very very dark clouds about alright. One advantage of being so high up here.

Thanks for the update.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

Its lovely listening to the thunder and seeing the estuary rise :s

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭wispyman

http://www.corklightning.com/

Is always worth a look at times like this :D

Its lovely listening to the thunder and seeing the estuary rise :s

Just dropped the Mrs into town a few minutes ago....Noticed alright the tide is very very high..

Only a few inches from the top of the wall.....And that was along George's Quay/Sullivan's Quay.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,285 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

An almighty monsoon like shower in the city centre around 20 mins ago - I was driving back from the gym. Scary stuff, visibility wasn't great. Then arrived home and a big rainbow out :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭619C

Thanks for posting OP, didn't think to look here.
    Came home and the oven clock was flashing - a good sign that the electricity was off.

Advertisement