Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Non - Apartment Owner (Tenant) and Rights with Landlord and Management Company

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,320 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

paul_ire57 wrote: »
    Yes ill be requesting to set it up anyway and go from there. I know the fact that ive made the offer and if i pay that and then down the road if it does go further I have made every effort possible to help bring down the arrears

To be honest, the only arrears I have are the mortgage and the mgmt fees. I have an agreement recently reached with the bank re the arrears and I have 1 cc with 650 euro limit and 500 on it so im not in bad shape, just again dont have the 3k they are looking for me to stump up immediately for the permits.

The managing agent rather than management company is the one who has rejected it and I, for one, think they're incredibly stupid to have done so. Een if the annual charge is €3k, your monthly offer is a genuine attempt to settle and to clear arrears. These companies need cash flow and while they should reject derisory offers, yours was not one.

I have property fees to pay in Irelad ad the UK. In the UK, there are more remedies for the tenant to deal with bad management (my record tribunal was 13 days of hearings, although I wasn't part of he dispute) and also to deal with bad apartment owners - threaten to forfeit the apartment and the bank will pay up if the owner doesn't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

My next door (tenant) neighbour had the same problem as the OP- the mgmt co were using him as as a proxy to do debt collecting duties on his landlord.

I have a parking permit and he asked me for a lend of it for 24 hours. The permit itself is the most amateurish effort one could imagine- a blue disc with 'Apartment No.X' printed on it. So he went down to Reads in Nassau Street and got the exact same shade of blue card/art paper and then brought it home and printed Apartment No. X on it in the exact same font and size as the mgmt company had.

That was a year ago and the clampers have been around many times since- they always come between 3 and 5am and have clamped several other neighbours for parking in visitor spots (which are closer to their door than the allocated spot. They have never clamped his car with the faked permit in it and are none the wiser.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭UDP

athtrasna wrote: »
    Am I missing something? €400 a month is €4800 in the year? What MC would turn that down for arrears of €3,000??
    The poster said they wanted €3k up front and pay the remaining before year end. So it could be €5k or €10k owed.

Advertisement