Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

panasonic audio head unit car

Options
  • 05-06-2012 6:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭

I have an old radio system in my car, its a panasonic cassette player with 8 disc changer. What i was needing to know is that, could i change head unit and keep changer? must new head unit be a panasonic to work in pair with disc changer? or do i need to replace all? thanks for any help on this.
    Bart

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

changers are kinda gone out the winda now. You'd get a fair whack of your CD collection on an SD card.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

bartbanis wrote: »
    I have an old radio system in my car, its a panasonic cassette player with 8 disc changer. What i was needing to know is that, could i change head unit and keep changer? must new head unit be a panasonic to work in pair with disc changer? or do i need to replace all? thanks for any help on this.
    Bart

You can also get an unit that plays mp3's, and dvd discs, which makes cd changer pointless. Some people may hear some difference in sound quality over the original CD's, but taking into account engine noises, and road noise, it doesn't really matters on the road really. Amount of music you can record on dvd disc is enormous, and will last for long journeys.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭bartbanis

Cheers.
    Bart

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭paultronix

if you want to keep your cd changer you can replace just the radio but the replacement will need to be cd changer compatible and made by panasonic,plenty of good used sets around these days for small money,could be worth a look on adverts.ie or ebay.

Advertisement