Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Euro 2012 in Cork

Options
  • 05-06-2012 6:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭

With the tournament due to kick-off on Friday was just wondering where everyone will be watching the Ireland games in the city. It's been a while since we've been at a finals!!

I know most pubs will be good but does anyone have any favourite spots/know of anywhere doing anything special for it. I think in Dublin they are putting free big screens down by the docklands. Also I know it's on down the Marquee, but you have to pay and it is out of the way, so wouldn't be bothered.

I remember watching the 2010 WC in Door 51 and thought the big screen and atmosphere was great even though Ireland were not at it. Was in Reardans for Ireland vs Estonia playoff and again good atmosphere and big screen is good (was also there for the infamous Henry playoff!!) Just seen that the Pavillion are showing the Ireland matches in the old cinema upstairs (watched an Ireland rugby match there before and it was very good) and it's free.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Rhys Essien

Paul McGrath will be in Silversprings for the game on sunday night.Should be good craic.Whether he'll leave drink for everyone else is another matter.:D

Also I think SoHo have big screens for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

With the tournament due to kick-off on Friday was just wondering where everyone will be watching the Ireland games in the city. It's been a while since we've been at a finals!!

I know most pubs will be good but does anyone have any favourite spots/know of anywhere doing anything special for it. I think in Dublin they are putting free big screens down by the docklands. Also I know it's on down the Marquee, but you have to pay and it is out of the way, so wouldn't be bothered.

I remember watching the 2010 WC in Door 51 and thought the big screen and atmosphere was great even though Ireland were not at it. Was in Reardans for Ireland vs Estonia playoff and again good atmosphere and big screen is good (was also there for the infamous Henry playoff!!) Just seen that the Pavillion are showing the Ireland matches in the old cinema upstairs (watched an Ireland rugby match there before and it was very good) and it's free.

Genuinely check out Reardens, they put in a huge effort for the Champions League final and will be doing the same for the Euros.
    • Three digital projectors at the back of the bar (one 10 feet and two 6 or 7 feet)
    • One digital projector at the front of the bar.
    • Two 3D TV's in the back bar with 3D glasses supplied
    • At least 6 flat screen tv's around the bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

It all boils down to personal favourite bars, every will be busy I reckon down to the fact we're in the Euro's.

Must nights will be fairly busy around town for the Euro's, especially the big games between Germany, Holland, Spain, England.

I'll probably be in Soho or Reardens but to stand any chance of getting a decent seat or view of a T.V. I'd suggest getting there early. :pac:

Advertisement