Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pub for the Euros

Options
  • 05-06-2012 6:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭

Looking for a few suggestions for decent pubs around town to watch the Euros in. Not looking for somewhere that's gonna be jammed but at the same time don't wanna go somewhere that's half empty with no atmosphere so ideally something in between.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Billy Mays wrote: »
    Looking for a few suggestions for decent pubs around town to watch the Euros in. Not looking for somewhere that's gonna be jammed but at the same time don't wanna go somewhere that's half empty with no atmosphere so ideally something in between.

There are a few pubs in or around the City Centre that should be good. Are you looking for the Ireland games only, or all games?

I'm thinking about...
    • Smiths on Jervis Street,
    • Living Room on Cathal Brugha Street (if it's still going, website hasn't been updated lately. Also Murrays around the corner...),
    • Sinnotts on South King Street (under Stephens Green, will be packed for Ireland games),
    • Czech Inn on Essex Street (good for the Czech games, naturally!)

If there are other places doing deals would be great to hear about them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Looking for Ireland games mainly. Just looking at a few suggestions for town cos I might be meeting a few mates from the other side of the city so town would be handy. If I'm staying local I might venture down to Dalymount Park. 15 euro gets you 4 pints and a Burdocks at half time. Great deal plus they seem to have got the Guinness sorted out down there. Was there on Friday night and the Guinness was top notch and flying out, was always well ropey any other time I tried it. Heard plenty of other people saying the same.

Looking for Ireland games mainly. Just looking at a few suggestions for town cos I might be meeting a few mates from the other side of the city so town would be handy. If I'm staying local I might venture down to Dalymount Park. 15 euro gets you 4 pints and a Burdocks at half time. Great deal plus they seem to have got the Guinness sorted out down there. Was there on Friday night and the Guinness was top notch and flying out, was always well ropey any other time I tried it. Heard plenty of other people saying the same.

I'm sure it'll be grand during the Euro's, once its flowing regularly it'll be tasty enough! I'd say most places in the city will be jammers for the Ireland games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Decent set up in The Living Room.

Sinnotts hate football fans tbh.

Woolshed worth a look.

Any pub in town and beyond really, will be busy for the Ireland games.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,467 ✭✭✭✭cson

Don't understand the Sinnotts recommendations tbh, I wouldn't classify it as a sports pub. Its grand but its no Woolie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

The Twisted Pepper on Abbey Street is showing all Ireland games on a big screen that they're setting up in The Stage room where they usually have gigs. They'll be putting in loads of tables and chairs for it (they don't usually have much seating area). They're showing the rest of the games in the other part of the pub. Drink promos too, 3 cocktails for €10 and €3 pints.

Edit: More info here

• Registered Users Posts: 6,136 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

Des wrote: »

Woolshed worth a look.

I watched some World Cup matches here, enjoyed the atmo but forget it for Ireland's Euro matches, you couldn't get in the door for the away match against Estonia.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭a very cool kid

Des wrote: »

Woolshed worth a look.

I watched some World Cup matches here, enjoyed the atmo but forget it for Ireland's Euro matches, you couldn't get in the door for the away match against Estonia.

Same for the Luving Room…

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭Danye

That €15 for 4 pints sounds like great value. Is it just on pints of Guinness that that offer is available on?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭MANUTD99

Would anybody recommend The Submarine Bar in Walkinstown. Was thinking of going on Sunday. All pints €3.50. I've never been & have heard mixed reviews

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

MANUTD99 wrote: »
    Would anybody recommend The Submarine Bar in Walkinstown. Was thinking of going on Sunday. All pints €3.50. I've never been & have heard mixed reviews

Was there once for a Ireland match pint were rough could have been a bad day, but yes a fantastic set up for a football match if they get a good crowd in id say the atmosphere will be electric. The time i went it was dead so not so good its a big pub so would need to be packed to really get a good vibe in the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭- bo -

Danye wrote: »
    That €15 for 4 pints sounds like great value. Is it just on pints of Guinness that that offer is available on?

No Danye, all pints. Check the Bohs site for more info on it if you like, in a nutshell it's €15 per match or 3 for €40, getting you four pints, a half-time Burdocks meal and there's live music beforehand. Great deal!

The Living Room was jammed for the Poland game yesterday, great atmosphere.

Advertisement