Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTC One x or Galaxy SIII or wait for iphone 5

Options
  • 05-06-2012 7:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭

Hi all, just a quick query, due an upgrade but can't decide what phone to purchase. I have a iphone 3gs at the minute. Just wondering if anyone has experience of the HTC One X or Samsung Galaxy SIII, or should I wait till the iphone 5 comes out. I don't see the point in buying a 4S if the 5 is due out soon. Thanks in advance.....:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,215 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

What are you hoping the mythical 5 will have that the one x or s3 don't have? Personally id go the one x but most would out for the s3 which is probably a tiny bit better. HTC is very light and not a slippy in the hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Certainly no reason to buy a 4S, its 2 year old hardware at this point. Bear in mind, the 5 probably wont be available here til early November, and thats a long time in anyone's book

The one x and S3 are both very nice phones indeed and deserve serious consideration, very different feel about either to an iphone

• Registered Users Posts: 28,867 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Zonda999 wrote: »
    The one x and S3 are both very nice phones indeed and deserve serious consideration, very different fell about either to an iphone

Exactly - Apples to oranges in my book

One is an open, customisable platform with multiple manufacturers, a huge range of phone at all price/contract/spec levels and a very active developer community committed to getting as much as possible out of the phone

... the other is an iPhone (closed-shop, stagnated platform, long expensive contracts, one manufacturer/model)

It's like asking do I want a PC or an XBox imo..

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭daz76

Cheers lads thanks for your responses, think its time to give Android a go, now just have to decide between the HTC ans Samsung :confused: Thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Lemon_grass

Kaiser2000 wrote: »

... the other is an iPhone (closed-shop, stagnated platform, long expensive contracts, one manufacturer/model)

But this "closed-shop" model produces a very stable platform, can't remember the last time mine froze and had to be a turned on and off. The GS3 and One X also don't exactly come on short term cheap contracts (granted some operators do charge a premium for iPhones). The one manufacturer argument is a pretty weak one here, daz76 is looking to buy one phone (from one manufacturer), so the fact that android is available from many different manufacturers is a bit of a moot point in this case. Could also be seen as a negative as developers have to cater for a vast amount of phones with different spec levels.

As for people saying the 4S is built on 2 year old technology, take that with a grain of salt, it still zips along and has an excellent screen (albeit small at this stage). I'm no apple fan-boy, also considering a GS3 myself. Try them both out in a shop before you buy.

• Advertisement
Advertisement