Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Yamaha RX-V1700

• 05-06-2012 7:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭

Does wondering does anybody have any experience witht this model. Am looking to get as ive seen one with a good price. Also can anyone recommend some good valie entry.level speakers.
    Yamaha RX-V1700 7.1 Channel 130 Watt Receiver

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 717 ✭✭✭akaSol

Fantastic amplifier IMO , part of Yamaha's top tier Amps in the day.
    Bit old now ( 06/07 ) , 3 HDMI in , pre Dolby THD / DTS MA though.
    If this is about €300 mark it's so worth the money just on the sound quality alone.

>Sol
    (Btw its 6.1 the back two speaker's are the same sound )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭cursai

You say the two speakers at the back are the same. So its 5.1 with doubled rear speakers. would like to have 7.1 compatibility but i wonder if theres even a need or difference. It looks good alright. I should be able to get it for less than e200.

cursai wrote: »
    You say the two speakers at the back are the same. So its 5.1 with doubled rear speakers. would like to have 7.1 compatibility but i wonder if theres even a need or difference. It looks good alright. I should be able to get it for less than e200.

It's NEO 6 i.e 5.1 + 1 so the "presence" speakers at the back are one big continual speaker considering most older movie's are only 5.1 and I have heard very few 7.1's that are worth mentioning its a by the by.

Oh and speakers , have listened to the 1700 wired to floor standing JBL's / Yamaha's / Bose AM10/15's there is allot of "grunt" under there for that bloody bargain €200 !!! *jealous*.
    On a more serious note do try and test all the speaker terminals and HDMI's before you buy it , that series had digital hand shake problems on the HDMI if the little grey cell's work.

>Sol
    Also bring a crane ... it's 17 KG

Cool. I'll update how I get on. Will need to start looking for speakers so. Any good opinions on entry level speakers that would do it justice.

Cool. I'll update how I get on. Will need to start looking for speakers so. Any good opinions on entry level speakers that would do it justice.

Sadly with the power in the 1700 "entry" level speakers may not cope. You may need to go to mid/high for any value from it

>Sol

• Advertisement

Problems with front display and volume sticks on both manual button and using remote. Also plug had been swapped out with a new one. Hmmm just looked a little too bric a brac for me. Might hop to richer sounds at the weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Slaphead07

I got the RX671 there a few weeks back Great amp but it's abut €419 now - it was a bit cheaper the weekend I bought it.

Problems with front display and volume sticks on both manual button and using remote. Also plug had been swapped out with a new one. Hmmm just looked a little too bric a brac for me. Might hop to richer sounds at the weekend.

Pity about the 1700 fantastic audio quality
    Just to say like for like in Yamaha is the A1010 ( €1100 ish )

RXV573 ( €500/550 ) is the best of the lower Yamaha amps in 5.1 or the 773 ( €700/750 ) in 7.1 if you have the pocket in amp only.

Ignore the sub €500 Denon's and Onkyo's IMO just a little bit "light weight"

You must live close to the border or fancy a trip up north then so just for an amp :D
    Slaphead07 wrote: »
    I got the RX671 there a few weeks back Great amp but it's abut €419 now - it was a bit cheaper the weekend I bought it.

Though that was discontinued ?

>Sol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Slaphead07

akaSol wrote: »

Though that was discontinued ?

>Sol

I have no idea, perhaps that was why it was at a good price? It replaced an Onyko which I have to say was a great amp too but 'handshake' issues on the HDMI board means it might be off getting repaired for a while... I can't be without my movies for any length of time!

BTW, Richer deliver at little enough cost. I don't advocate buying online/outside of ROI but that same amp is €600 in Peats. That's a no-brainer.

Advertisement