Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repeat Leaving Ceritficate in Pearse College

Options
  • 05-06-2012 7:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭

Hi All,

I am new to this so apologies if I am doubling up/ posting in the wrong thread :/ I have just today paid my fees for next year so am officially going back to repeat my leaving certificate next year ...six years after I originally did it! The subjects and marks I got are not suitable to help me get into the course I really want and the degree I got is not much help to me so I am going back for the Leaving Cert....TERRIFIED! :/ Anyone in the same boat? Anybody got any tips? Any help appreciated!!
    Am all set for going back to college afterwards but the thought of the year for the leaving cert is daunting!! I am also hoping to live up to my username and get a bit of study in before September but I wont get my booklist til August and have no idea where to begin!

Thank you!
    E.x

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

Hi EG.

Fair play going back :) The best of luck with it.

If you want to get a bit of background on your subjects the Dept of Ed have an outline of the syllabus of each LC subject on the Curriculum online website: http://www.curriculumonline.ie/en/Post-Primary_Curriculum/Senior_Cycle_Curriculum/Leaving_Certificate_Established/

Out of curiosity did you look into mature student application for the new degree? Often the LC isn't a strict requirement for adult applicants aged 23 or older.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭EternalGeek

Thanks so much Paperclip, really appreciate that!!

I am hoping to get in as a mature student, however I think repeating will strengthen my application...i hope!! :rolleyes:

Advertisement