Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I'm applying for a postgraduate course in Primary Teaching...

• 05-06-2012 7:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭

I'm trying to prepare for the Irish oral section of the interview and I'm running out of ideas as to what they might ask me about. Apart from why I want to be a teacher, my hobbies, what qualities I think I have that would make me suitable and what experience I have to show interest in teaching, what else might they ask me? Has anyone here experience with this course interview?

Please help, I have a long way to go before I'm ready and the application they sent me says they expect a "high level of fluency".

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

how many years is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭MaryKirwan

It's an 18 month course, the interview is in mid January.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 361 ✭✭Caiseoipe19

Only thing I'd say is to find a class or get lessons/grinds of someone to teach you the basics. This is just going by your other thread asking the first person form of "ar". That's very basic grammer taught in primary school and I'm sure they expect much higher than that. If you're planning teaching it you'll have to learn it sometime anyways.

Regarding the actual oral if they're smart they'll want to talk about quite unpredictable topics so as to get an actual idea of how competent you are. Maybe they stick to Leaving-Cert predictability though, I don't know.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,507 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

What college?Some are easier on the oral than others.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭MaryKirwan

What college?Some are easier on the oral than others.

St. Pat's. But on the application you have froebal and another place, and you write your order of preference.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭blondeonblonde

Have a look on educationposts.com. Register for the message board & search for interview/oral questions. There should be loads of info on Gaeilge oral questions as well as a full list of previously asked interview questions.

Advertisement