Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Perma banned from Soccer Forum

Options
  • 05-06-2012 7:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭

I have been permanently banned from the Soccer Forum. I have just come back from a 6 month ban and i have completely changed my posting style. In page 558 of Man United thread a question was asked to me by another poster Why do they keep letting you back here? Its pathetic. I was corrected on an article that i misinterpreted and left the thread. Following Day June 1st i went back in and was perma banned. I have PM'd the mod in question twice in the last 4 days but they won't reply. The majority of my posts since i came back have been ok as backed up by another SF mod.

I would like this looked at because the mod in question will not respond to me and i believe they jumped the gun on the back of the above quote from page 558 in utd super thread.

BERBA

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,251 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Please be advised that this DRP will be fully investigated by consulting the records, charter, and all parties concerned. Given that we are volunteers and have other obligations, this may take time. Please be patient.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,251 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

The Cmod review of the BERBA appeal regarding a permanent ban from Soccer has been completed. There has been an exchange of PMs between BERBA, mods, and Black Swan regarding this DRP, in addition to consulting official boards.ie records.

BERBA POSTING HISTORY

Infractions and bans (all in Sports Category):
    • Yellows = 22 (20 in Soccer, 1 in Rugby, 1 Darts)
    • Bans = 9 (7 in Soccer, 1 in Rugby, 1 in GAA)
    • Number of different actioning mods = 14
    Specific Ban History:
    • 18 August 2009 Soccer 3-days trolling
    • 27 August 2009 Soccer 1-week trolling
    • 28 October 2009 Soccer 2-weeks trolling
    • 8 April 2010 Soccer 6-months (6 yellows ban per charter)
    • 18 March 2011 Soccer 6-months (6 yellows ban per charter)
    • 4 September 2011 GAA 1-day trolling
    • 17 September 2011 Rugby 1-week "numerous warnings"
    • 29 November 2011 Soccer 6-months (6 yellows ban per charter)
    • 1 June 2012 Soccer Permanent
    Upon BERBA's return from the 3rd Soccer 6-months ban, a permanent ban had been triggered by his trolling behavior as summarized in the below mod PM comment to BERBA:
    your behaviour in that United thread was blatant trolling. people kept giving you facts, and you kept dismissing them, and giving more controversial opinions with no backup, presumabely just to needle people. that is trolling.
    SUMMARY
    • BERBA has been very labour-intensive for mods since August 2009. Our mods are volunteers and should not have to spend so much time trying to encourage one poster to comply with the spirit and intent of our posting guidelines.
    • Mods have given him several chances to improve his posting behavior, especially as pertains to trolling, and he has failed to comply over several years and bans.
    • There was no moderation bias evident towards BERBA, as 14 different mods actioned his inappropriate posting behaviour from August 2009 to present.
    • This Cmod's decision is for BERBA to remain permanently banned from Soccer.
    Once again, the review of this DRP at the Cmod level has been completed. If BERBA wishes to appeal this Cmod decision, he may ask for an Admin review.

Does BERBA request an Admin review, or has this DRP been completed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

Black Swan wrote: »
    The Cmod review of the BERBA appeal regarding a permanent ban from Soccer has been completed. There has been an exchange of PMs between BERBA, mods, and Black Swan regarding this DRP, in addition to consulting official boards.ie records.

BERBA POSTING HISTORY

Infractions and bans (all in Sports Category):
    • Yellows = 22 (20 in Soccer, 1 in Rugby, 1 Darts)
    • Bans = 9 (7 in Soccer, 1 in Rugby, 1 in GAA)
    • Number of different actioning mods = 14
    Specific Ban History:
    • 18 August 2009 Soccer 3-days trolling
    • 27 August 2009 Soccer 1-week trolling
    • 28 October 2009 Soccer 2-weeks trolling
    • 8 April 2010 Soccer 6-months (6 yellows ban per charter)
    • 18 March 2011 Soccer 6-months (6 yellows ban per charter)
    • 4 September 2011 GAA 1-day trolling
    • 17 September 2011 Rugby 1-week "numerous warnings"
    • 29 November 2011 Soccer 6-months (6 yellows ban per charter)
    • 1 June 2012 Soccer Permanent
    Upon BERBA's return from the 3rd Soccer 6-months ban, a permanent ban had been triggered by his trolling behavior as summarized in the below mod PM comment to BERBA:

SUMMARY
    • BERBA has been very labour-intensive for mods since August 2009. Our mods are volunteers and should not have to spend so much time trying to encourage one poster to comply with the spirit and intent of our posting guidelines.
    • Mods have given him several chances to improve his posting behavior, especially as pertains to trolling, and he has failed to comply over several years and bans.
    • There was no moderation bias evident towards BERBA, as 14 different mods actioned his inappropriate posting behaviour from August 2009 to present.
    • This Cmod's decision is for BERBA to remain permanently banned from Soccer.
    Once again, the review of this DRP at the Cmod level has been completed. If BERBA wishes to appeal this Cmod decision, he may ask for an Admin review.

Does BERBA request an Admin review, or has this DRP been completed?

Thats a very disappointing outcome , Although immaterial at this stage i would dispute the bans in 09 and the GAA ban as reading back through my inbox i didnt receive any notice of any of those bans. I have only got notice of 3 soccer bans in the past with this new one being the 4th. From my point of view there is no point in requesting an Admin review as my faith has been sealed. I served my 6 months , did the time and to get perma banned for something of nothing is outrageous modding.

In relation to the Mod comment posted in previous post , i'd like to correct that , only one person gave me the correct facts aka Kew Tours and i thanked them for that.

The worst part is that it was mentioned above that an exchange of PM's between me , blackswan and mod had taken place. Let me clarify that i have tried several times to make contact with the mod in question that has perma banned me and he/she continues to ignores me.

Blackswan, Thank you for your time with this process

BERBA

BERBA wrote: »
    From my point of view there is no point in requesting an Admin review...

REQUEST:

Would the Admin please close this DRP and mark it resolved?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement