Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Body and Soul festival - Ballinlough Castle

Options
  • 05-06-2012 8:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,535 ✭✭✭

Going to this with the OH at the end of June but not planning to camp at the festival. So have been ringing around for Accommodation options in Athboy and not having much luck. PLan would be to taxi from Ballinlough to Athboy after the gig.

Any other suggestions on where might be close to stay?

My folks house is inbetween Trim and Dunshaughlin on the trim road but it seems a bit of a distance to be going by taxi and asking for a lift from the folks is out of the question at 1 in the morning!

Anyone have any other thoughts, any mini buses that might be going to the festivals and serving the general area?

thanks all

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭chewed

You could also try Kells or Delvin for accommodation!

I would say you've a good chance of getting a lift at the end of the night. I'm sure there are a lot of people heading back to Trim/Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Lucifer-0

Just camp!

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Faddymackshyte

Maybe ring Bus Eireann. They have a bus going to and from Dublin and just see what route it's taking and ask if you could get off along the way somewhere??? And then get a taxi/lift from somewhere!!

Or check out the carpooling link that they posted on their website. You never know
    http://www.carpoolworld.com/carpool_IRELAND.html

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Mickey Lover

Have you checked places in Clonmellon ?- I think there's a hotel there called Issacs well - it would be nearer to Ballinlough than Athboy, it's about 5 mins drive from there as far as I know HTH

• Registered Users Posts: 25 candyplanner

Going to this with the OH at the end of June but not planning to camp at the festival. So have been ringing around for Accommodation options in Athboy and not having much luck. PLan would be to taxi from Ballinlough to Athboy after the gig.

Any other suggestions on where might be close to stay?

My folks house is inbetween Trim and Dunshaughlin on the trim road but it seems a bit of a distance to be going by taxi and asking for a lift from the folks is out of the question at 1 in the morning!

Anyone have any other thoughts, any mini buses that might be going to the festivals and serving the general area?

I know it already has been mentioned , but Isaacs Wells in clonmellon is really good and not expensive at all , rooms are all lovely and theres a pub ..what more could you want 046 9433748 , they have a facebook page with pictures of the rooms .. and very close to ballinlough about €10 in taxi

• Advertisement
Advertisement