Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bee carful

• 05-06-2012 8:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭

Well lads and ladies I got my bike there yesterday morning.:D:D:D:cool: And what a day to get it on might I add. I had a bit of a strange thing happen to me i got in from my first little ride of the day went to take my phone out of my pocket and thought thats strange my phone dose'nt usually buzz like that untill i look down and see it's a nice big bumble bee, lol just hanging out in my pocket. I am just happy he did'nt sting me while riding, would have been to much fun for one day.:D I went out for a quick spin today and the bike cut out could'nt figure out what was wrong for a good five minutes, untill I looked down and remembered i had turned the fuel off last night thinking i was all smart. lol:o:rolleyes::cool::cool: Oh well lesson learned, It's so nice to be on two wheels again. Not that i have much experience. Got a few waves, nods and one lad doing some made dance with his legs:D:D bar the sportsbike guys no nod for me i must be too cool.:) not to tar you all with the same brush.:P
    [IMG][/img]img0115ab.jpg Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

In your pocket? You're lucky! Wait until you get stung, something flies up your nose, in your eye etc. etc. Oh the joys of it!

Enjoy the new bike

(sportsbike house here and we nod at everyone! :D )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭juice1304

I hope to get a gsxr too once i have my full licence and i've done some insurance assessments. Would'nt even dream of asking for a quote at the moment. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

i love a good nod so i do.

I ingest many insects on my way to and from work. Sometimes I snort them up, sometimes I gulp them up and sometimes I "swallow" them with my eye!

On occasion I have been known to keep them in my ears for the duration of the ride home too.

In all seriousness one time a wasp flew into my helmet when I had the visor open. Scariest thing ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Keep it between the hedges!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭juice1304

baz8080 wrote: »

In all seriousness one time a wasp flew into my helmet when I had the visor open. Scariest thing ever.

Thats terrible :eek::D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

Last summer I had a wasp on the inside of my visor for about 3 minutes. Was on a busy dual carrageway with no hard shoulder or turnoff. Eventually got somewhere to stop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

I had a little fly in my ear a few months ago. Really horrible sensation :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,647 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Had a fly go in my eye yesterday while on the bike. By the time I got home he had dissolved! :eek:

:D
    funny-pictures-biker.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

I've had a bee bounce off a visor a few times, the noise is really loud, i'd hate to have the visor open.
    Fly in the ear is horrible, one of the worst sensations ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Xios

Was driving home from the shops, didn't bring my gloves. At about 70kmph in the rain, i felt a sting on my finger, there was a wasp molesting the crap outta my finger with his stinger :(

That was some landing job he did, gotta recruit pilots like him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭lostboy

had a wasp through the visor last summer at 30mph! awful sore it was, have also taken a few bumblebee impacts to my fingers or knees and you can certainly feel em!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 297 ✭✭SaoriseBiker

lostboy wrote: »
    had a wasp through the visor last summer at 30mph! awful sore it was, have also taken a few bumblebee impacts to my fingers or knees and you can certainly feel em!
    Even though I had my visor down, bizarrely I once trapped a wasp on the inside in the corner of the visor on the road between Slane and Drogheda. Eventually the wind blew it away. Wouldn't fancy getting stung in the face as I was doing maybe 70 mph at the time.

Advertisement