Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheer us up!! (Encouragement for LC)

• 05-06-2012 8:27pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 127 ✭✭

Got any? Then spit it out!! Best one will be rewarded :cool:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭An0n

Get a lot of sleep. Have a shower; some coffee and maybe take a walk in the morning.

You'll feel great and opperate at a better rate.

(No I didn't mean for that to rhyme, I'm just that gangsta.)

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Incompetent

I'm tempted to get up at some ridiculous hour and go for a run

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

21534730.jpg

I'm ready, are you? :p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 127 ✭✭n0ak

21534730.jpg

I'm ready, are you? :p

:D:D:D :D Gasp

An0n wrote: »
    Get a lot of sleep. Have a shower; some coffee and maybe take a walk in the morning.

You'll feel great and opperate at a better rate.

(No I didn't mean for that to rhyme, I'm just that gangsta.)

your just cool ;):D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,236 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

A walk or run in the morning is a good idea. Oxygenate the blood, get the endorphins going.

spurious wrote: »
    A walk or run in the morning is a good idea. Oxygenate the blood, get the endorphins going.

I'll do that ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 727 ✭✭✭prettygurrly

from the dizzying heights of phdom, can i just say that although doing well in your LC makes your life easier, it is not the end of the world if it goes pear shaped. just keep your head down, focus on your own game and yes a walk, fresh air, bit of exercise will do the world of good..

Best of luck to everyone tomorrow!

n0ak wrote: »
    :D:D:D :D Gasp

Haha I made that myself aswell :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 899 ✭✭✭djk1000

I couldn't care less about school, hated every minute and didn't study at all for the leaving cert. Goes without saying that I managed to completely feck it up! No college place for me :-(

Everyone I knew thought it was the end of the world but I really didn't care. I put the cert in a drawer and never looked at it again.

That was 17 years ago. Since then I've travelled the world, worked as a cocktail bartender (where I met and got to know several Hollywood stars). I worked as a chef, where I won more than one award. I worked as a doorman in New York which was a really awesome experience apart from the time a guy pulled a gun on me!

I worked as a diving instructor. I worked on a yacht. I started and sold my first business and made enough money to take a couple of years off. I started and sold my second business which didn't go so well but was fun none the less :-)

I decided to get a third level education on my own terms in my 30's. I qualified as an accountant and I got an honours degree along the way.

I did an I.T. HDip conversion course and learned to program amongst other things, I'm starting a masters in September.

I'm 35 now and have 32 year career ahead of me before I retire.

So, for all of you that are stressing out about the leaving cert, don't sweat it, do your best and then move on. The world is what you make of it. Worst case, go and have some fun, explore the world and then go to college as a mature student.

I hope that helps!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

spurious wrote: »

I'm doing that too! I was going to go for a run but knowing me I'd fall and break my arm :P Walking it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 774 ✭✭✭stealinhorses

Try to relish the rush that you're gonna feel when you get up tomorrow morning. It will be a feeling of wanting to get sick/run as fast as possible. Own it and go to the exam nice and early, believe in yourself and do your best. As long as you walk out of there knowing you left it all in there, you can't complain.
    And don't do post-mortems, go straight home and prepare for the next exam.

Good luck to you all :)

djk1000 wrote: »
    I couldn't care less about school, hated every minute and didn't study at all for the leaving cert. Goes without saying that I managed to completely feck it up! No college place for me :-(

Everyone I knew thought it was the end of the world but I really didn't care. I put the cert in a drawer and never looked at it again.

That was 17 years ago. Since then I've travelled the world, worked as a cocktail bartender (where I met and got to know several Hollywood stars). I worked as a chef, where I won more than one award. I worked as a doorman in New York which was a really awesome experience apart from the time a guy pulled a gun on me!

I worked as a diving instructor. I worked on a yacht. I started and sold my first business and made enough money to take a couple of years off. I started and sold my second business which didn't go so well but was fun none the less :-)

I decided to get a third level education on my own terms in my 30's. I qualified as an accountant and I got an honours degree along the way.

I did an I.T. HDip conversion course and learned to program amongst other things, I'm starting a masters in September.

So, for all of you that are stressing out about the leaving cert, don't sweat it, do your best and then move on. The world is what you make of it. Worst case, go and have some fun, explore the world and then go to college as a mature student.

I hope that helps!

I am the same as you, well as in Leaving Cert times.. I left school in 4th year as I hated it went to Cavan to do a course for a year... Then I decided to go back to school to finish it so I had to do 5th and 6th year.. It p1ssed me off, I am now 20 and only doing the leaving so people would usually say smart remarks...

Haven't really done any study but I believe I can still get the points if I do some over the next week and a half... English Paper 1 isn't going to be so bad, and Paper 2 will be easy enough if you know the basics... Only worrying thing for me is my poor theory subjects Engineering and Construction...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭qwerty93

Id really relax and get a early night , the leaving cert is NOT the be all and end all, there's always a way, and I mean always into the career you want:) so just relax and go into the exam smiling:) and if a exam or 3 didn't go to plan (like with myself!) don't worry and do your best;) so have a gawk at desperate housewives and get an early night in!;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

As you irish say 'Sure, it'll be grand' :P

I hope that helps!

awesome ;)

Most helpful thread I ever read. I thought I'm Fu*@ed,! Thank you so much guys! 18 year old getting the tear running down my cheek ffs you's made my day!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭fizzyorange

The way I see it is life isn't about getting 625 points, or a 1st in your college degree, or a PhD, or an amazing job. In my opinion the main thing life is about is being happy. It's not about being the best at everything. Even if I don't get the points I need I'm still going to be happy with what I did, how much work I put in and the experiences I had along the way during my years in school.

In third year I stopped being so shy, moved schools and became really well liked and popular. In fourth I volunteered in an old folks centre for nuns and heard the most interesting tales, I also became friends with people I never thought I would and decided that I wanted to do a triathlon. In fifth I travelled to Berlin, did my grade 3 in clarinet, broke hearts, found a love in science. In sixth I had my heart broken, learned how to deal with stress, said sorry to someone I hurt, learned a lot about life, and now I am finally training for that triathlon.

Basically what I'm trying to say is, the leaving cert isn't that important. It helps to have a good one, but in a few years time I'll forget my results. I won't forget all those memories though. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

I hope that helps!

Now I sort of want to fail the leaving cert! :p

The way I see it is life isn't about getting 625 points, or a 1st in your college degree, or a PhD, or an amazing job. In my opinion the main thing life is about is being happy. It's not about being the best at everything. Even if I don't get the points I need I'm still going to be happy with what I did, how much work I put in and the experiences I had along the way during my years in school.

In third year I stopped being so shy, moved schools and became really well liked and popular. In fourth I volunteered in an old folks centre for nuns and heard the most interesting tales, I also became friends with people I never thought I would and decided that I wanted to do a triathlon. In fifth I travelled to Berlin, did my grade 3 in clarinet, broke hearts, found a love in science. In sixth I had my heart broken, learned how to deal with stress, said sorry to someone I hurt, learned a lot about life, and now I am finally training for that triathlon.

Basically what I'm trying to say is, the leaving cert isn't that important. It helps to have a good one, but in a few years time I'll forget my results. I won't forget all those memories though. :)

Love to hear such positive people ! This is what I call "Experience Of Life" ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭_Godot_

As Douglas Adams so wisely said:

DON'T PANIC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

Best of luck to everyone doing the exams. :)

Do remember, though, that they really aren't the be all and end all! It'll all work out in the end. :)

(Oh we're talking life stories, are we?

I got well over the 500 mark myself. :o

Tried a medically related course in the mid 500s - hated it.

Tried a Commerce course in the high 400s - hated it.

Ended up doing a course in Business Studies in a small IT, with a mid-200 points requirements - loved it.

Got a job in one of the Big Four accountancy firms out of it.)

Points really aren't everything. Even though I understand that it seems like that right now.

You've put in the work so far - just do your best now, it'll all work out fine. :)

Advertisement