Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Infraction

Options
  • 05-06-2012 8:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭

Thread located here:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056660331

The offer i made was obvious.
    DeBurca simple chose to ignore the offer and nit pick at the use of the english language and claim i didnt actually make an offer.

There was simply no need for that kinda crap on the thread, especially from a mod.

Yes the post i recieved the infraction from was offtopic BUT considering the absolute awful attitude from the new mod of the forum i was quite pissed off to be honest.

The thread was going absolutely fine until the point where DeBurca started posting and actually derailed the thread himself.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

Hi goodlad

Have you PM'ed the mod in question as per the outlined DRP process located above. This is usually the first line of call. If so can you copy the contents of those PM's in here please.

Thanks

D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

Yup i have.

This is from me after i recieved the infraction.

Seriously? lol...
    Take a look at the thread. It was a perfectly normal thread until a mod (you) pointlessly joined in and actually derailed the thread yourself.

If anyone deserves an infraction its you.
    I will be appealing the infraction as i did not originally break any boards rules.

You simply had an issue with my use of the english language, even though it was perfectly clear i had made an offer.

Yes my last post was a bit out of line but considering the crap you were spouting and derailinign the thread yourself i think my reply was actually quite reserved.

The Reply

Please feel free to appeal my decission you are perfectly untitled to do so and I also urge you to do it
    Remenber when asked to clarify your "offer" you did not, all you did was resort to accusing me of having a chip on my shoulder
    Yes our use of the english language is different but when asked to be exact about what you were saying you did not

• Registered Users Posts: 9,746 ✭✭✭DeBurca

The main post that is in dispute is post #18
    I still see no offer you said "The most i would offer for just the gun and both mags would be 80 euro" that is not an offer, it may imply intent but it is not a definite offer
    Please be more precise in future so as not to cause any confusion between an Offer and Thread Spoiling

Now a simple yes or no as to either "YES it is an offer" or "No it is not an offer" and the entire thing would have stopped there
    His reply was "Im genuinely embarrassed for you" now it hardly seemed a proper answer from somebody who had a genuine interest in the AEG on offer

The rest of the thread is history, its a pity that Goodlad could not have treated my with the same courtesy and respect that I extended to him both on thread and in later PMs

Have there been further PM's on the issue? Can these be forwarded also.

DeBurca wrote: »
    The main post that is in dispute is post #18
    I still see no offer you said "The most i would offer for just the gun and both mags would be 80 euro" that is not an offer, it may imply intent but it is not a definite offer
    Please be more precise in future so as not to cause any confusion between an Offer and Thread Spoiling

Now a simple yes or no as to either "YES it is an offer" or "No it is not an offer" and the entire thing would have stopped there
    His reply was "Im genuinely embarrassed for you" now it hardly seemed a proper answer from somebody who had a genuine interest in the AEG on offer

The rest of the thread is history, its a pity that Goodlad could not have treated my with the same courtesy and respect that I extended to him both on thread and in later PMs

Are you seriously still clinging onto that?

And im still feeling slightly embarrassed for you. The way you are going on makes me cringe.

There was really no need for you to join into the thread to nit pick at some wording when it was pretty obvious to anyone else.

@The Drifter. Can you just access my PM's? Im using an old mobile at the min and its borderline impossible to use the net on this thing.

• Advertisement

goodlad wrote: »
    Are you seriously still clinging onto that?

And im still feeling slightly embarrassed for you. The way you are going on makes me cringe.

There was really no need for you to join into the thread to nit pick at some wording when it was pretty obvious to anyone else.

@The Drifter. Can you just access my PM's? Im using an old mobile at the min and its borderline impossible to use the net on this thing.

No i cannot access your PM's please forward once you have time.

Might i also remind both that the DRP forum is subject to the same posting rules as the rest of boards and turning this DRP into another version of the Airsoft thread will not go well with me.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,746 ✭✭✭DeBurca

Pm from Goodlad
    If a charter wants to uphold someone not bring honest about how much use a a gun had had and allow them to lie and therefor rip off other airsofters then so be it.

There have been multiple threads over time on boards where others have pointed out lies as i have dont and there were no infractions/bans given out.

But its fine, even though common sense tells you the guy was lying and he deserved it being point out.

Its clear your not an airsofter or you would actually care about this guy not being honest and ripping someone off.

I have actually been asking around about you this evening and it appears we have mutual friends in common in real life. Strange given that you are in your 50's and i am a lot younger but sure i guess thats life.

Twas interesting chatting to them about you.... they dont have a great opinion of you.... not suprising really.

Reply DeBurca
    The charter provides that in the event of somebody not being honest then they should report it to the mods who if need be can pass it up the line the higher powers
    to act upon
    Those are the rules I did not make them and I dont always agre with all of them but we are all suppost to follow them
    I also agree with you about that honest is best, can I ask why you took it upon youself to go on this crusade and not follow the rules ???????
    My initial intervention was for thread spoiling and after that it went south

What people think of me is their consern not mine they cant really be great friends if they hold me in such low regard

Forwarded them there. Sure they are after the fact anyways.

I see deburcas post here is gone. I assume thats because he wasnt invited to join into the thread. Shame he doesnt follow the rules eh? :rolleyes:

A note on what he has post here which has since been removed.
    He pointed out the post that the "issue" is over but i nfact it was another post he infracted me for and then several hours later infracted me again for the post he now claimed was the original issue.

He seemed confused about what his actual issue is.

deburcas was invited to join the DRP by myself.

I will review this later and revert please be patient and would ask both parties refrain from further input here until i have had a chance to review

Ok goodlad

I have reviewed this. Your infraction stands. If you had received the infraction and proceeded to appeal it without acting the way you did on thread and again in the DRP here by trying to belittle the mod i may have considered your offer as genuine. But because of your actions I'm leaving the infractions intact.

If you intend to make genuine offers for items in future please make sure they are clear cut offers.

Whether or not you meant to thread spoil with your first post is unclear but your posts after that done nothing but thread spoil. I'm sure you are clear on the airsoft charter as you would have read it after your previous infractions.

I would advise in future that if you have an issue with mods actions that they are taken up by PM and not discussed openly on thread.

Thanks

D

• Advertisement

lol, sure thats the expected outcome really.

Sure the ban was a bit harsh afterwards though.

goodlad wrote: »
    lol, sure thats the expected outcome really.

Sure the ban was a bit harsh afterwards though.

No. It wasnt after your actions. I think you got off lightly with a week to be honest.

Can we close this off ? Or to you wish this reviewed further?

Yeah i dont actually think it was harsh either, i just wanted to see what you would say, lol

Talk soon dude :D

Edit: Yeah close it off.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement