If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yamaha RX-V1700

Options
  • 05-06-2012 9:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭

Does Richersounds carry this model for Yamaha. Or do ye have any experience with this model. Am looking to get as ive seen one with a good price elsewhere second hand. But would prefer first hand ye have any comparable models instock for a good price at entry level. Also can anyone recommend some good value entry level speakers. Yamaha RX-V1700 7.1 Channel 130 Watt Receiver

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

cursai wrote: »
    Does Richersounds carry this model for Yamaha. Or do ye have any experience with this model. Am looking to get as ive seen one with a good price elsewhere second hand. But would prefer first hand ye have any comparable models instock for a good price at entry level. Also can anyone recommend some good value entry level speakers. Yamaha RX-V1700 7.1 Channel 130 Watt Receiver

Cursai,

many thanks for the post & the opportunity to quote - unfortunately that Yamaha, the RX-V1700 is discontinued some years now - to be honest almost any of the new range of Yamaha receivers from the RXV473 (5.1) upwards boasts a higher specification than the RXV1700 which was only HDMI 1.2a - however if you wanted a deal - the RXV671 at £299.95 is 7.1, 3D ready, 1080p upscaling, 90Watts per Channel, with 6 HDMI inputs...

If you want to have a look at the new Yamaha's give us a shout (we have also just had the new Denon AVR range arrive this week and they look yummy!)

Keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭cursai

Cursai,

many thanks for the post & the opportunity to quote - unfortunately that Yamaha, the RX-V1700 is discontinued some years now - to be honest almost any of the new range of Yamaha receivers from the RXV473 (5.1) upwards boasts a higher specification than the RXV1700 which was only HDMI 1.2a - however if you wanted a deal - the RXV671 at £299.95 is 7.1, 3D ready, 1080p upscaling, 90Watts per Channel, with 6 HDMI inputs...

If you want to have a look at the new Yamaha's give us a shout (we have also just had the new Denon AVR range arrive this week and they look yummy!)

Keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    Ooh maybe a bit too pricey. I don't need the 3d ready element. And I have to get speakers as well. Hopefully from yourselves. Is there anything cheaper. Hopefully 7.1 or 6.1 compatible. With good connections. and an auto calibration mike for setting up the speakers. If ye have any deals on packages (speakers and receiver) that'd be great.

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

cursai wrote: »
    Ooh maybe a bit too pricey. I don't need the 3d ready element. And I have to get speakers as well. Hopefully from yourselves. Is there anything cheaper. Hopefully 7.1 or 6.1 compatible. With good connections. and an auto calibration mike for setting up the speakers. If ye have any deals on packages (speakers and receiver) that'd be great.

hmmmmm, ok how about the Sony STRDH820 http://www.whathifi.com/review/sony-str-dh820 at £219.95 - it's 7.1 with an auto cal mic and 4 HDMI inputs - to be fair Audio quality does not match the Yamaha / Denon class of kit but it's a lot of bang for the buck..

If you were to match it with something like the Tannoy SFX 5.1 system which retails at £199.95 http://www.richersounds.com/product/speaker-packages/tannoy/sfx5.1/tann-sfx5.1-blk The retail should be £419.90 - I'd happily do the system at just £399.95....

Keep me posted..

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.