Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cosmetic Surgery abroad?

• 05-06-2012 9:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,273 ✭✭✭

Hey all

Ive been saving now for about a year cause i need to have an operation on my nose. I went to a dermatologist in dublin a while ago to get rid of a fungal infection on my feet. While he was examing my skin, i happened to mention the dry skin on my nose and that ive never been able to breathe through my left nostril. He mentioned that i should see an ENT Consultant. Quite convienantly there was also an ENT surgeon in the same clinic that he got hold of to look at my nose on the spot. He confirmed that i have a diviated septum and He told me that VHI would not likely cover it unless i could prove it was due to a sports injury. He then advised that i have a proper consultation with him which would be a minimum of €95.00.

I had previosly got a quote off of a well known cosmetic surgeon here in Ireland for €8000 and that doctor was quite rude and just a bit of a d**k. I didnt have much questions to be answered but he seem to barely look at nose to examine it. it was just his total lack of interest that really put me off. Maybe cause im 25 year old male and i probably look even younger than that, so he probaby figured i wouldnt have the money available which to be fair i dont. I was also his last appointment of the day and this was about 6pm on a sunday. Whilst i want to get my nose straightened for medical reasons, it seems it gonna cost an arm and a leg anyway ( which will hopefully not be the case literally) so i figure i should get a whole rhinoplasty operation on it to make it look right. I didnt bother shelling out another €95.00 for the consultant as i had already spent a fortune seeing the dermatologist. Also an indian guy i go to college with coincidently mentioned he got a quote for he was told it would be around €8000 aswell and they would need to do it in two operations. Ive no idea what surgery he went to but it seems €8000 seems to be the going rate for a rhinoplasty operation here.

Anyway ive been looking at another cosmetic surgery in Turkey and they seem to be quite established and have nothing but good reviews. Ive spoke with them on the phone and met with their patient co-ordinator who showed me quite a lot of photos of surgeries they done and many of which seem a lot more complex than mine. Im also thinking of getting some dental work again which would obviously cost more but basically the rhinoplasty operation, consisting of 1 night stay in a private hospital and 7 nights in a 4 star hotel for £2300 which is currently €2839.

Ive only mentioned this to a few of my friends and family. some of the family dont approve and think its dangerous but others think its not such a mad idea. Ive been trying to do as much research as i can and from what i read Turkey seems to be fairly respected when it comes to cosmetic surgery but its hard to tell if some reviews are bias or not. As i already a large crooked beak like nose with a bump in the middle, i cant help think to myself, how bad could it be?
    So has anybody any first hand experiance of cosmetic surgery in turkey or elsewhere abroad?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Hold on, OP. I'll see if I can find somewhere better for this.

If you think that doctor was a dick, just see what happens if I leave this open in here.

Okay, moved from AH ======> Beauty.

And can I just leave this here?

Advertisement