Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nameservers making me confused

Options
  • 05-06-2012 9:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 47

Hi all,

I recently purchased a beginner hosting package with a domain name with digiweb.

I've got my files uploaded via ftp and I can view them via a working Instant access domain alias. So the website itself is working fine.

My question:
    In H-sphere control panel, the name servers are listed as ns1.nameserver.ie and ns2.nameserver.ie and the ip address given just links to a default h-sphere server page.

In my digiweb login, the name servers are ns1.hosting.digiweb.ie, ns2..., etc.

From what I can understand from my research, I would want to change the h-sphere ones but I can't.

When I inputted the domain name into h-sphere, I got the following message "For your site to become available to the Internet, register or transfer the domain name asdfasdf.com with your local top level domain registrar using the information that we will provide for you upon the activation of your account."

Any pointers? I know this is pretty n00b stuff.

Z

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Zygnoth

Wait a second,

Am I being completely crazy or is ns1.nameserver.ie an actual name server?

I was looking on a few websites and they use similar ones as examples but I didn't think that it could be right.

It would be fairly straightforward to change the nameserver at domain level.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭jmcc

Zygnoth wrote: »
    Wait a second,

Am I being completely crazy or is ns1.nameserver.ie an actual name server?
    No and yes.
    ns1.nameserver.ie has address 80.93.18.1
    ns2.nameserver.ie has address 67.19.87.2

They are owned by Digiweb.

The other nameserver has a different IP:
    ns1.hosting.digiweb.ie has address 89.234.64.40

Regards...jmcc

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Zygnoth

Thanks very much jmcc.

I thought nameserver.ie was like a reference to insert the irish nameserver here!

All sorted now.

Thanks again!

Advertisement