Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TT bike versus road bike

• 05-06-2012 10:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

An internal debate.

Having done versus triathlons I am now doing full ironman and wondering to trade up my road bike for full carbon good spec and use bolt on tri bars as have done in the past or trade for for tt bike.

Disadvantage of tt bike is cannot group cycle in my local club and potentially limited use.

Any thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭MrCreosote

A well fitted TT bike would be best for the IM

Any chance you could keep the road bike and get a new or second-hand TT bike?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,584 ✭✭✭✭tunney

BRaff wrote: »
    An internal debate.

Having done versus triathlons I am now doing full ironman and wondering to trade up my road bike for full carbon good spec and use bolt on tri bars as have done in the past or trade for for tt bike.

Disadvantage of tt bike is cannot group cycle in my local club and potentially limited use.

Any thoughts?

The Tri/TT bike and road bike debate. Best to make one thing clear, this can't be an either/or. You'll always use the run bike and should keep it. The question is do you get a Tri/TT bike as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 BRaff

All down to money I'm afraid.

Investigating a 2nd hand TT bike or lower spec new one at the present.

The internal debate continues!

Cheers

Advertisement