Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Forming Band in/ around Limerick

• 05-06-2012 10:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18

Right - after I had posted a few days ago looking for a band that was in need of a bass player I had one or two PM's from musicians looking to form a Band.

So why not? ;)

About myself: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056656858

Currently (we) I'd be looking for the following:

Vocals - Should have some experience in Song writing and please no screamers (no offense - just not suitable)

Keys, Lead Guitar

In terms of level its OK when you are at the upper end of the beginner range and feel you are ready for some work in a band.

Age group: 20+

Attitude: professional and committed, I'm 34 and I'm getting to old for time wasters ;) BUT fun as well, it's about the music, we are no accountants

Style: Ok this is getting a bit more difficult but the plan is to be doing cover material and some originals at the beginning (maybe 80/20) until we get used to each other and level of play increases.

Personally my influences and the direction I would like this to go is somewhere between Dream Theater, Lalu (if you dont know Vivien look for Oniric Metal on youtube) and similar prog "metal" (not going to put down the big list but you should know what I roughly mean) with a more melodic touch.

My gigging days are roughly 15 years ago so I'm a blank sheet again but would love to build something up that lasts a bit longer, I'm not interested in short term projects.

So if you feel this is you then please PM me with details and possibly samples and we can meet up ;)

-me

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 61 ✭✭Bodysong

Hey dude I'm a guitarist. Are you still looking to get something together?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18 xXAccipiterXx

hey - yeah absolutely. pm me if interested and we can take it from there.

cheers

bump - still looking for at least guitar and maybe keys

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48 Brendn

Still looking?

I'm a guitarist, been playing about 5 years.
    Solos are not my thing but I love picking pattens and harmonies so if that interests ya, I'd be interested in a jam.

Hey - yeah def still looking. I'll PM you.

cheers

• Advertisement

and another bump ;)

Looks like we are now 1x Guitar, Drums and Bass so still a few bits missing

• Registered Users Posts: 26 PMac1969

Are you still looking. I am singer with keys. Big Prog influences Pendragon, IQ, Yes, Marillion etc. would be interested and would know excellent bass, guitar and drummer if required.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Engine No.9

Hi, do ye need a drummer?

Advertisement