Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insurance Fraud

Options
  • 05-06-2012 10:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21

I am livid as I found out that this local hackney driver and his wife have been minting it on a few car insurance claims. They had one 'accident' which their children were in the car with them and the young guy that hit them fled the scene (I know he should not have) so they have a friend who is a crash repair guy and they were able to have the car certified as a write off and put in a claim for the damages (they are all leading normal lives no major injuries). This was the first then I heard that they saw how easy claims were and now they have each had a car involved in accidents and what they do is pass a car coming out of a cross roads and they slow up just slightly and get hit from behind.......I have to ask how many times before insurance companies investigate or will these people become millionaires off the back of this. I made a report to insurance confidential because the wife <SNIP>. I mean this has to catch up with them eventually surely hackney drivers need to maintain some level of a clean driver status - anyone working in insurance know what are the watch signs for people like this to be investigated for repeat claims?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

If they exist, asking people to disclose such information on a public website is just silly and posting information (now deleted) which may identify the people involved is ever sillier.

You've made your report. The companies involved will investigate in they are concerned.

I'm going to close this, as little good can come from leaving it open.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement