Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Registering and qualification assessment with teaching council

• 05-06-2012 10:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi,

I have studied Sport and Geography in Manchester followed by a PGCE in PE at the same university. I am currently trying to fill out the registration and qualification assessment for the teaching council and I could really do with some help. I was wondering if anyone on here has filled it out also and could give me some advice. With pe I have to complete a form PE1 with a break down of the amount of hours spent learning each area of pe and I was wondering how many should you have spent. Also I was wondering how long does it take to process the application?

If anyone could give me some advice I would really appreciate it

Thanks
    A Brooks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,629 ✭✭✭TheBody

brooksa wrote: »
    Hi,

I have studied Sport and Geography in Manchester followed by a PGCE in PE at the same university. I am currently trying to fill out the registration and qualification assessment for the teaching council and I could really do with some help. I was wondering if anyone on here has filled it out also and could give me some advice. With pe I have to complete a form PE1 with a break down of the amount of hours spent learning each area of pe and I was wondering how many should you have spent. Also I was wondering how long does it take to process the application?

If anyone could give me some advice I would really appreciate it

Thanks
    A Brooks

I sent my form off on the first week of November (last) and heard back from them at the end of March this year. Expect to wait longer if you are missing any paperwork from you appplication.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 brooksa

Thanks,

Was your subject pe? Can you teach in the mean time while you wait for them to come back to you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,629 ✭✭✭TheBody

Thanks,

Was your subject pe? Can you teach in the mean time while you wait for them to come back to you?

I was getting physics assessed. Dunno whether you can still teach in the mean time. Perhaps somebody else can answer that or call the teaching council.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Pjfogar

TheBody wrote: »
    Thanks,

I was getting physics assessed. Dunno whether you can still teach in the mean time. Perhaps somebody else can answer that or call the teaching council.
    I applied last August and still am not registered

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Pjfogar

Pjfogar wrote: »
    TheBody wrote: »
    Thanks,

I applied last August and still am not registered

I eventually got my number after much hassle. However it states that I have a qs in teaching practice! I have an hons PGCE and QTS how do I address this shortfall? Have I to do another course? Really angry can teach without annoyance in ANY country in the world except my home one.....

• Advertisement
Advertisement