Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parkwest 10k 17.06.12

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭BenMicheal

eoin ryan wrote: »
    No - Menoscemo is right. I haven't been involved since 2010.

By the by 2 people asked if Clontarf is full..... Not yet ;)

Delighted to hear, Sweating on an injury but really want to do the half!!

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭wrstan

Anyone find their time is wrong?Mine is by 6seconds approx.

Mine too!
    That's the first race I have ever done where they had chip timing without a mat at the start line. I asked the guy at the start how it worked and he told me that they guy at the finish would hear the starter horn over a walkie talkie and start the clock at the same time, so the chip times were in fact gun times! Makes you wonder why they would bother with chips, I know there was <300 entrants but I just don't understand why you would bother with chips and then not really get chip times.

Still doesn't explain the extra 5 or 6 seconds on the spreadsheet though, my watch was exactly the same as the clock on the finish line when I crossed. Curiouser and curiouser! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

wrstan wrote: »
    Mine too!
    That's the first race I have ever done where they had chip timing without a mat at the start line. I asked the guy at the start how it worked and he told me that they guy at the finish would hear the starter horn over a walkie talkie and start the clock at the same time, so the chip times were in fact gun times! Makes you wonder why they would bother with chips, I know there was <300 entrants but I just don't understand why you would bother with chips and then not really get chip times.

Still doesn't explain the extra 5 or 6 seconds on the spreadsheet though, my watch was exactly the same as the clock on the finish line when I crossed. Curiouser and curiouser! :(

Well the whole idea of the chip time is you will have a time credit to your name, otherwise it be pretty hard to keep track of all finishers times.

The 6 seconds probably come from the time it took you to cross the start line.

From what i read, this seems to be a poor race and glad i gave it a miss now at the last minute!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭thirstywork2

Well the whole idea of the chip time is you will have a time credit to your name, otherwise it be pretty hard to keep track of all finishers times.

The 6 seconds probably come from the time it took you to cross the start line.

From what i read, this seems to be a poor race and glad i gave it a miss now at the last minute!!

I started at the front so makes no sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

The times are not right. Looks like 6 seconds with me too and I did account for the few seconds to cross the start mat. I was only a few rows back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭veronymus

6 seconds added to my time too. I was right at the front when the race started.

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭wrstan

Mine too!

I checked the race clock when I crossed the line and it was the same time as my watch, but the excel sheet had an additional 5 seconds!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

I checked the race clock when I crossed the line and it was the same time as my watch, but the excel sheet had an additional 5 seconds![/QUOT

God knows what they did so!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Simian!

6 seconds added to my time too - I was right up the front and started my own timer as I crossed the line. Official race time on the website was 6 seconds more.

Advertisement