Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Friends sister and children in need

• 05-06-2012 10:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi All,
    So here is the situation as messed up as it sounds. My best friends sister recently moved back from Australia to the Uk with her partner (together 6 years). About a year ago she decided she wanted out of the relationship for a number of reasons (he's a bit odd and controlling). She was working to get a mediator involved when out of nowhere he took the children's passports and gave them to his solicitor. The next day she received a court order preventing her from leaving the country with the kids due (he basically told the court that she was planning on kidnapping the kids which is BS ).
    The kids have three citizenships but since they reside in the UK they are subject to UK law. She has a good solicitor and is going through the motions with them but I want to have a plan b up my sleeve just in case he pulls some more ****. My first priority is getting her and the kids home. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

I know what you are wondering and maybe have a look ta this link
    A judge who found the children had been kept in Australia since 2010 without the Italian father's consent, ordered they be sent back to Italy, and the decision was upheld on appeal. The family defied court orders to hand over the sisters, who were kept hidden until Monday.

http://www.news.com.au/taxpayers-pay-for-sisters-battle/story-e6frep2f-1226367951728

And this one

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/four-sisters-win-high-court-hearing-in-custody-dispute/story-e6freon6-1226366648625

The case is ongoing but its result would have a direct bearing on your type of case.

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,338 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tom Young

Hi All,
    So here is the situation as messed up as it sounds. My best friends sister recently moved back from Australia to the Uk with her partner (together 6 years). About a year ago she decided she wanted out of the relationship for a number of reasons (he's a bit odd and controlling). She was working to get a mediator involved when out of nowhere he took the children's passports and gave them to his solicitor. The next day she received a court order preventing her from leaving the country with the kids due (he basically told the court that she was planning on kidnapping the kids which is BS ).
    The kids have three citizenships but since they reside in the UK they are subject to UK law. She has a good solicitor and is going through the motions with them but I want to have a plan b up my sleeve just in case he pulls some more ****. My first priority is getting her and the kids home. Any suggestions?

Did you read the charter?

Hague Convention will apply as Ireland is a signatory if those children are taken out of the UK. To do so in contravention of the court order would be a sensationally bad idea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭ResearchWill

Hi All,

So on the one hand you say her plan to take children from uk is BS on the other you say "my first priority is getting her and the kids home" is your plan b. Those two options are incompatible. So can you tell what is your real options.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭Indricotherium

Hi All,

So on the one hand you say her plan to take children from uk is BS on the other you say "my first priority is getting her and the kids home" is your plan b. Those two options are incompatible. So can you tell what is your real options.

Total +1 to this.

Sounds like he got that court order just in time.

• Advertisement
Advertisement