Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Need advice!

• 05-06-2012 10:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi,

Can a person of unproven unsound mind legally make a gift of a large sum of money to another.

Can the money be recovered after the gift was made.

I welcome responses from any solicitors/legal professionals who should happen upon this post.

This concerns a very dear friend of mine who gave away all of his savings to his brother thinking they were cursed, he suffers from schizophrenia.

Thanks for reading.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,340 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Of course they can. There perfectly sane until proven otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Guest 2012

Of course they can. There perfectly sane until proven otherwise.

This article says otherwise
    www.bporco.ie/live/newstalk/694.html

But it still did not answer my question.

Any more persons like to take a crack at this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,340 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Guest 2012 wrote: »
    This article says otherwise
    www.bporco.ie/live/newstalk/694.html

But it still did not answer my question.

Any more persons like to take a crack at this.

What more do you want someone to say. Your friend needs to go to a solicitor. Make sure he understands the costs involved in something like this. Just for your own advice it`s never wise to come between two brothers. Point you friend in the direction of a solicitor you trust.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Guest 2012

What more do you want someone to say. Your friend needs to go to a solicitor. Make sure he understands the costs involved in something like this. Just for your own advice it`s never wise to come between two brothers. Point you friend in the direction of a solicitor you trust.

Thanks for your advise. I really feel sorry for him that is all and from what I gather from talking with him I believe his brother took advantage of his state of mind and was very happy to help himself rather than his own brother, I also understand where you are coming from you know what they say about a fool and his money.

He has no money what so ever now I don't think he will be able to afford to go to court, I will try tell him to seek free legal aid if they deal with these type of cases.

Can any person please advice if free legal aid centres cater for cases like these.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

Has he tried asking for the money back ?

• Advertisement
  • Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,338 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tom Young

Charter breach - visit a solicitor.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement