Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cleaning ??

Options
  • 05-06-2012 11:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭

I have an ego T tank (I think) about a month, never cleaned it.

When I put the juice in its pink in the bottle and goes a brown colour in the tank.

Should I be cleaning something or is this normal ??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭newmark

Burdock wrote: »
    I have an ego T tank (I think) about a month, never cleaned it.

When I put the juice in its pink in the bottle and goes a brown colour in the tank.

Should I be cleaning something or is this normal ??

Yes and no
    Yes you can if you wish. I used to soak the atomiser in vodka overnight and then blow it out from the battery end and do this about once a week. Then rinse it thoroughly in hot boiling water and leave dry on a radiator or something. Good practice to wash and change the plastic tanks as well every couple of days or when changing juice flavours.
    On the other hand some people use them until they get into the state yours is in now and then throw them away and buy a new one as they are a disposable product.

If you do a search on google on cleaning atomisers there are plenty of videos on youtube of different ways to clean them out. Some say cleaning them prolongs their lifespan and some say it doesn't but for me I thought it better to clean them as you dont want to be inhaling the gunk that builds up in them over time.

It might be worth your while trying a new type of system like the ego vision clearomiser or something like that that can be used on your current batterys as well. They are fairly easy to fill up and rinse out and are even repairable with a bit of research and practice. I think a couple of the Irish vendors listed in the where to buy thread sells them. There's other options as well like cartomisers on their own or with tanks that can also be used with your battery if its the standard battery that came with an ego-T system. Keep an eye on here and read through some of the threads and before long you will pick up a lot of useful info that is sure to help you out though it may confuse you more to start with :)

Id imagine its best you ditch that one you have now and get a new one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭Burdock

Just went on the ecigwizard site and I'm more confused than ever !!

Was thinking of upgrading, I assume I can use anything compatible with the ego battery.

Commence research !! An thanks for the reply

Just went on the ecigwizard site and I'm more confused than ever !!

Was thinking of upgrading, I assume I can use anything compatible with the ego battery.

Commence research !! An thanks for the reply

Theres a lot of Irish sites linked in the where to buy thread and you will get faster delivery here while supporting Irish vendors as well. ;)

I do buy myself from the UK but usually only if I cant get something I need this side of the pond. If it helps the ego vision can be got here http://www.ezsmoke.ie/plus-clearomizer-p-138.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭Burdock

newmark wrote: »

Theres a lot of Irish sites linked in the where to buy thread and you will get faster delivery here while supporting Irish vendors as well. ;)

I do buy myself from the UK but usually only if I cant get something I need this side of the pond. If it helps the ego vision can be got here http://www.ezsmoke.ie/plus-clearomizer-p-138.html

Kinda went off topic there, thanks and ordered :D

Kinda went off topic there, thanks and ordered :D

Ah you didn't I was just thinking you mightn't have realised the Irish shops are there as the delivery is way faster and there's good value to be had too and cheaper delivery in most cases.

Keep us posted on how you get on anyway and if your stuck with anything just ask theres always someone around here that will help out :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭derra

You can always have a go at repairing it with new wick.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=72705168&postcount=1512

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭unblvlblkult

Yo, I know it's an old thread but...

I used the method below to clean my ego-t atty and found it easy & effective

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofttKd2CEtc

Advertisement