Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mobile Phone signal Booster

Options
  • 05-06-2012 11:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭

Hope somebody might be able to offer me some info and guidance on this. I have an Iphone 4s and my signal on the 3 network is very bad. I don't want to switch networks so I'm wondering about maybe looking into buying one of these mobile phone booster signals. There seems to be alot of different kit on the market and its hard to know what to look at getting. There are a number of people selling these boosters on Done Deal. Has anyone purchased them and do they improve the signal? I will need one for 3G as well so any advice or suggestions would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,215 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Call 3 and see can they sort out the signal. If you've more than one phone in the house give them all the account numbers. There not able to see multiple devices at the one address.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭dobbs2210

tried this already contacting 3 for help but i'm afraid it resulted in very little.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Use the god damn search function.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭agfasfos

Hi there, the only thing that works for me is Vodafone Sure Signal, not much good to you on 3, but imagine all Providers will bring in something similar in the short term.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

You need DSL to backhaul a suresignal so you might as well use wifi then. The Donedeal boosters are illegal, all of them.

Do you live in an NBS area OP ???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭pfurey101

agfasfos wrote: »
    Hi there, the only thing that works for me is Vodafone Sure Signal, not much good to you on 3, but imagine all Providers will bring in something similar in the short term.

Ditto. Works a treat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭Oceans12

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    You need DSL to backhaul a suresignal so you might as well use wifi then. The Donedeal boosters are illegal, all of them.

Do you live in an NBS area OP ???

The nextivity cellfi units don't need any Internet connection to work
    O2 / voda have these , it comprises of two boxes , one you place at a window
    That has good signal , then you can place the second box anywhere in your house and that second box gets the boosted mobile signal from the box at the window; it works quite well and turns 1bar 3G signal into 3/4 bars signal.

As these units are hard coded frequency wise you can only get them via your network operator ... Also results in less battery drain on our mobile as it doesn't have to use as much power to transmit. It also makes 3G midband work better...

A cellfi unit mounted on a chimney in a waterproof box would be a great solution as it would pick up a stronger 3G signal to boost

Also these units are 100% legal

Advertisement