Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Olympic Torch in howth

• 05-06-2012 11:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭

What do people think of this and is anybody going in/

i am going in as i very well doubt it will be in ireland after the Olympics this tar

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

I thinking I'm going to be late for work tomorrow!

6000 wohooo. 6 being my favourite number after 7, even though it's before....err

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

i dont think i care and i am too lazy to check.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭Fromthetrees

I care this much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭Andremac96

Im guessing people arnt looking forward to this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

Wonder will that torch be put up for sale on Ebay ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Andremac96 wrote: »
    Im guessing people arnt looking forward to this

Quite the contrary, most people are in bed getting a good sleep so they can get up early and see a torch...some fire...being carried...by a z-rated celeb...for games that no one will tune in to...or care about...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

I'm definitely going. Bernard Brogan is running past my front door in the IFSC, and doing a torch hand off to Paul McGrath at the Samuel Beckett bridge. Dublin heros the pair of them !

Boats on the river are all gonna sound their horns as it crosses the river & the tugboats are gonna do that water cannon thingy (or what ever its called) like in the National Lottery ad. No way I am missing that. It is a great honour for our city and I am going to support it 100%. Saw a torch relay happen a couple of times in the States. It's actually quite moving to see in person, even if it sounds lame on paper.

Here is the full list of relay runners, the route and times if anyone is interested in going.

http://www.olympicsport.ie/news/5092-president-of-ireland-to-welcome-the-olympic-flame-to-howth.html

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

A complete and utter waste of time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

I'd love to light a cigarette off of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

That's a bit early in the morning... If it was later it could have gone in to take a few pictures...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,200 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Is it wrong I hope Jedward fall whilst doing this!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,954 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Seriously, why would anyone give a toss about this? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

Zebra3 wrote: »
    Seriously, why would anyone give a toss about this? :confused:

I do. I was hoping it would make it's way to Tara. A tip of the hat to the Tailteann Games held here many years before the olympics. from the radio coverage the Nordies are making a big deal of ''allowing'' the torch to cross the border.

They can fuppin' keep it if that's the attitude.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,954 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

squod wrote: »
    I do. I was hoping it would make it's way to Tara. A tip of the hat to the Tailteann Games held here many years before the olympics. from the radio coverage the Nordies are making a big deal of ''allowing'' the torch to cross the border.

If you're a fan of the Tailteann Games, you should be ashamed for it to be associated in anyway with the junkies who compete in the modern Olympics and the crooks who run it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,907 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Hope a giant gust of wind takes it out. Such a load of rubbish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

Zebra3 wrote: »
    If you're a fan of the Tailteann Games, you should be ashamed for it to be associated in anyway with the junkies who compete in the modern Olympics and the crooks who run it.

I don't care if athletes take drugs. I don't think modern crooks were any worse than those living ~600BC. It would have been nice. That's all I meant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Diego Maradona

Is it wrong I hope Jedward fall whilst doing this!
    That'd be Jepic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Dodgykeeper

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

Watching the crowds on the RTE 1pm news attending the passing of a bit of fire inside a gas tube really reminded me of this -

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

Shryke wrote: »
    I'd love to light a cigarette off of it.

Like Dale Gribble.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,140 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Why are the other Olympic Torch relay teams always too feckin lazy to show up?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

It passed by work earlier so I went out to see it, tbh the Olympic torch was responsible for one of the most iconic and tearjerking moments of my lifetime when Muhammad Ali appeared holding it in Atlanta '96.

It was nice to see it, just glad Jedward weren't carrying it at the time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

I can't look at that torch and not want to use it to grate cheese

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Bad Panda

Huh!?! The Olympics?!!?!

Oh...zzzz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

I have the Olympic Torch in my trousers in the mornings. Feckin' uncomfortable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

It's a stick on fire as far as I'm concerned. I have sticks here which I can set on fire if I feel like it.

And what's the story when the flame gets blown out accidentally? They say they have a mother flame to reignite it. I bet it's just some fella in a van with a Zippo lighter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,277 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I can't look at that torch and not want to use it to grate cheese

I can't look at that Olympics logo and not see Lisa Simspon.

Every.Damn.Time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

o1s1n wrote: »
    I can't look at that Olympics logo and not see Lisa Simspon.

Every.Damn.Time!

Isn't it Lisa giving a bj to someone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,277 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Isn't it Lisa giving a bj to someone?

(that is what I was alluding to) :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭Einhard

It's been confirmed- AH is officially the most cynical place on the planet! :D

Advertisement