Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cashing In Aer Lingus Gold Circle Points

Options
  • 05-06-2012 11:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭

Hi All,

Has anyone experience with using Aer Lingus Gold Circle points to book flights? I have enough to book a trip to Europe but I'm thinking of holding out for a few more flights to get enough points for a USA trip (work pays so no real expense on my part). My question is are there any restrictions on booking US trips? (i.e. do I have to book far in advance once I accrue the points or can I get something short term and secondly does my 6000 points get me a free flight to any US destination using AL partner airlines too?). I assume I'll have to pay taxes either way so that's not an issue. Any general advice other than answers to these questions is also appreciated - thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to Travel

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 1,537 ✭✭✭Downtime

ferg01 wrote: »
    Hi All,

Has anyone experience with using Aer Lingus Gold Circle points to book flights? I have enough to book a trip to Europe but I'm thinking of holding out for a few more flights to get enough points for a USA trip (work pays so no real expense on my part). My question is are there any restrictions on booking US trips? (i.e. do I have to book far in advance once I accrue the points or can I get something short term and secondly does my 6000 points get me a free flight to any US destination using AL partner airlines too?). I assume I'll have to pay taxes either way so that's not an issue. Any general advice other than answers to these questions is also appreciated - thanks in advance.

The selection of flights is pretty appalling. I have tried numerous times to cash in my GC points for flights and could never get flights I wanted. It looks like weekends are out for a start. Better off trying to book in advance or use the points on a US trip for an upgrade. You can use them on partner flights such as United or Aer Arann but must be booked through AL.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭ferg01

Yeah, I figured it wouldn't be easy. Thanks for the info.

Advertisement