Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nasty...

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Kolido wrote: »
    Caviar

Heresy. Burn the unbeliever!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Funglegunk

Pig colon. Not pleasant. At all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭poppyvally

Raw oysters

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭jupiterjack

an egg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭yeppydeppy

The worst was gone off blue cheese (gorgonzola) second to that would have been some gak my sister recommended in a greek restaurant but I can't remember what it was called.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

cucumber

nasty nasty taste

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 252 ✭✭sf80

Confab wrote: »
    Pig's ears and baby squid.

Pig's ears are delicious, like the rest of them! poor buggers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 670 ✭✭✭Tail Wagger

Worst food item I ever ate was pissie Ray from the chippers! When you eat that! you know you got something real bad!

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭lac007

Worst food item I ever ate was pissie Ray from the chippers! When you eat that! you know you got something real bad!
    Got one of them Myself before and thought I was going to die.Not a nice experience.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,974 ✭✭✭blackwhite

Funglegunk wrote: »
    Pig colon. Not pleasant. At all.

Agreed

Had Andouillettes a few years ago whilst in central France..... <shudders>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 759 ✭✭✭ltdslipdiff

I was fed Polyfilla as a child by my neighbour as a joke, he convinced me it was really smooth Readybrek. To be fair, I'm 34 now and have only got my fist filling recently so it must have done wonders for keeping my teeth in good shape!

When my bro was in korea he ate a live Octopus, he has it on Youtube somewhere, pretty horrible seeing the tentacle coming back out and clinging to his lip as he was swallowing!

The same brotehr ate something called a zygote Egg in Cambodia, its a delicacy apparently, it like a hard-boiled egg,but with a difference !!!! Don't ready any further if you like eggs....

Basically the egg is fertilised so theres a half-formed chick inside amongst the egg white. He said it was a bit crunchy in the middle and to look at pretty horrible seeing half and embryo...yeuch!

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭Mellio

Dunnes own wild mushroom soup, looked like filthy dish water
    and tasted like it had been mixed with wild sh*te.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭mongdesade

Hákarl in Iceland...foulest **** ever...WTF :p

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/H%C3%A1karl

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,061 ✭✭✭damagegt

HHmmm im trying to think what was the worst Iv eaten.Heres a list of the manky sh*t that has went down my Gulliver ,some intentionally some not .

I ate one of thoses big hairy mollys ( the insect type, not the fat ones that work behind the counters in chippers) and found out what their hairs are for.They stop things eating them ,the hairs come off and stick in your throat I couldn't eat and was coughing badly for a day.

Drank a carton of orange juice full of fag butts after a party, didn't notice much until I got sick about an hour later and found fag butts in it .Nice

I was teasing my then 8 year old nephew with a yop belonging to him for about an hour before I drank all in one go.Little did i know but the ****er and taken in from hes lunch box which in his desk for a month.It was lumpy and I puked.

My sister gave my a bottle of milk magnesia for my heart burn but it was gone off with 7 years It was there when she moved into the house.It was lumpy and I puked.

I drank a shot of daves insanity sauce.It wasn't lumpy but it was hot and I puked.

Theres probably more but I think there the worst.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Gyalist

I've eaten fried termites, locusts, chicken feet, fish heads, cow's heels,

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

anniehoo wrote: »
    Leftover sunday dinner pork...that had been put aside for the cat under a plate but forgotten to be given to her and was left out on the counter at home. A fly had laid eggs and hatched on the bottom layer when i got to it 2 days later.

Vomit central when i got to that bottom layer!The meat tasted grand though in fairness :eek:
    Nell McCafferty's arsehole...

I'm torn between which of these is worse :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭Crooked Jack

Dominos Honey and Mustard dip. Most offensive thing I've ever had in my mouth.

I was fed Polyfilla as a child by my neighbour as a joke, he convinced me it was really smooth Readybrek. To be fair, I'm 34 now and have only got my fist filling recently so it must have done wonders for keeping my teeth in good shape!
    hahahaha brilliant :D Have you had a bowel movement yet?

blackwhite wrote: »
    Agreed

Had Andouillettes a few years ago whilst in central France..... <shudders>
    I dont know what these are. Is it wise to google the word?? :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭orchidsrpretty

Lettuce with a side of slug, there are no words for how sick I felt after that considering I am also a veggie.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

badly cooked calamari....... if not cooked just right it tastes like a bicycle tube

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,159 ✭✭✭frag420

A caper.

Was told it was sweet. its was vile, not sweet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

A baby mouse. Friend was feeding snakes at the time and I took one of the baby mice and ate it. Wasn't really manky because I was to pissed to care.

You can't be serious????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭CruelCoin

Moray eel spinal column soup

Was actually quite nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 281 ✭✭Maglight

Febo in Amsterdam its a fast food place all the food is in vending machines its horrible

How can you say that. Febo is lekker. Nasi snack - deep fried spicy rice snack. Delicious. Seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭chakotha

mongdesade wrote: »

That sounds unreal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭Priori

The worst thing you ever eaten???

(As in Food!)

Discuss.

In Super Valu they serve real food, real people.

Wouldn't recommend it.

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    I dont know what these are. Is it wise to google the word?? :(

Andouillettes: a tripe filled sausage...I think ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭dmcronin

Battered haggis. Like a black pudding that had been there for 6 months.
    Got sick after it too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

Priori wrote: »
    In Super Valu they serve real food, real people.

Wouldn't recommend it.

Okaaaay....

• Advertisement

dmcronin wrote: »
    Battered haggis. Like a black pudding that had been there for 6 months.
    Got sick after it too.

Must be just me...I fúcking love Haggis, tis like a giant Clonakilty puddin :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

I ate Elk bone marrow in Alberta. After that the worst things I've eaten are scallops and seared tuna. I can't stand seafood!

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭lookitsme

Spent last christmas at the in-laws. The turkey must have been in the oven since the previous easter, it was so dry, the mash potatoes like sponge, roasts spuds raw in the middle, sprouts (from the freezer) were like greenish brown mush, carrots boiled for hours and the gravey tasted of flour but was the only hot thing on the plate everything else was a different degree of coldness. I'm sure I have tasted worse but I don't remember feeling so disappointed with something I was so looking forward to. being Irish I said thank you and it was lovely.

My turkey, ham, stuffing and cranberry sambo I got in my own parents tasted that bit nicer that year.

On Friday i was in a shopping centre in Dublin , my self and the OH decided to get a bite to eat so we went to a restaurant that is located in a famous clothes shop there.

I decided to go for the beef, i had my concerns as it was in a pot with Gravy already pre-cut. I went for it anyway. My girlfriend had the fry. As i sat down i saw something white on the side of the meat, i took it off with my fork and as it caught my eye as it looked like a maggot. My girlfriend said its just rice, as there was rice beside the beef. I started to eat, the meat was a bit chewy , so much so that i had to take a chunk of it out of my mouth and put it aside. I lifted up a slice and there was another "white thing" I decided to look a little more closely and i could see the ridges.

It was one of those situations were i had to think of what i was going to do. At that moment i wanted to think it rice, i knew it wasnt. But right at that moment if i was to make a complaint i would have thrown up as it would have only confirmed my suspicions. So i decided to just leave. Feel sick now thinking of it .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭Barna77

Oysters. Got food poisoning because of them :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Raw sea cucumber.

Guide just found one, sliced it into bits and served it raw.... /shudders.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

mongdesade wrote: »

That's got nothing on this delicacy:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Surstr%C3%B6mming

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

That's got nothing on this delicacy:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Surstr%C3%B6mming

Fermented fish, nom nom nom... /hurls

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭dirtyden

sf80 wrote: »

Seriously? Fair play for trying that!

They were selling fried grass hoppers on the street when I was over there many years ago. I stuck with more regular food though. I did have a fried and battered bulls testicle.

Rather tasteless but way too chewy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭dirtyden

I ate Elk bone marrow in Alberta. After that the worst things I've eaten are scallops and seared tuna. I can't stand seafood!

Seafood tends to divide people, but good seared tuna is amazing, if you like your fish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,445 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Pringles and Walkers crisps obviously.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 846 ✭✭✭Digy123

Pringles and Walkers crisps obviously.

Just wondering...Am i the only one that thinks that Walkers Cheese and Onion crisps smell like Sick? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,445 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Digy123 wrote: »
    Just wondering...Am i the only one that thinks that Walkers Cheese and Onion crisps smell like Sick? :confused:
    Stick to the Tayto. You know it makes sense.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 250 ✭✭DuPLeX

aalphabet ssoup

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭xoxyx

Worst thing I ever ate was an oyster from a can in the bottom of an oyster martini. I'm not sure if I was supposed to eat it, but the drink came with a pokey stick and I assumed it was to take the oyster out.

Tasted like gin flavoured slime - and I'm not too keen on gin either.

*Shudder.*

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,244 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Jellyfish in China....no flavour to speak of but without question the most horrendous texture I have ever experienced....like eating a mouthful of a consumptives snot....Awful

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

Digy123 wrote: »

Cheese and Onion crisps in general are horrible.

The walkers thai sweet chilli crisps are the best you can get here!

Always on the lookout for weird sh1te to shove down my throat! :pac:

Kinda lost track of it all now but over the years I know I've eaten army ants (a bit chewy), tarantula (bit sharp and brittle) and drank a half litre of vodka with a scorpion in the bottle, though I didn't actually eat it.

Had frog's legs a couple of times, and snails which vary according to the regional recipes though the first time I had them wasn't in France but in Finland.

Also tried zebra, wilderbeast, and antelope which were nice but nothing particularly memorable, rattlesnake which believe it or not was stocked by Dunnes Stores briefly back in the early 80's (it was tinned, in similar cans to tuna), and crocodile which tasted of fish only stronger.

Ate chicken brains once in Romania wich isn't a main course obviously but served as a side. Sort of like a paste, it tastes not like chicken exactly but like something that is chicken flavoured if you know what I mean. And a very strong overpowering flavour to it too.

Ordered testicles in a Georgian restaurant once, and horse in a place opposite Geneva train station. On both occasions the kitchen was out of stock, but the hunt continues!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

A glass of my own puke......was a bet and I was drunk :o And as far as I remember was more a drink with some lumpy bits. Didn't last too long in the tum :( Think have a better sense of taste and cop-on now lol

Advertisement