Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canadian equivalent of Pennys?

• 06-06-2012 12:20am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 206 ✭✭

Is there any large chain stores around the Toronto area that are similar to penny's? I need clothes for work but I don't want to fork over loads of money? any help?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Tonto86

johnt91 wrote: »
    Is there any large chain stores around the Toronto area that are similar to penny's? I need clothes for work but I don't want to fork over loads of money? any help?

Only here a couple of months but found H&M the other week. They seem like the same job

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

There is nothing! Nothing is as good as Penneys!

H&M and Old Navy probably similar, try Walmart too! But Penneys has left a hole in my heart :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭jjbrien

walmart, winners, zellers which is becoming target prob your best bet. easiest walmart to get to is at dufferin mall at dufferin subway theres also a winners there and a gap outlet store

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,436 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Winners = TK Maxx
    Zellers/Walmart/Target = Dunnes
    nothing = Penneys

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69 ✭✭orgaz

Hey there, as above there is nothing compared to pennys :mad:

But there is however "Value Village'" - Its a thrift store chain, (I know some people dont like these kind of stores) but they have a selection of high quality clothes, designer included, and for little or nothing in price. I got looooads of designer dresses in there, I got a Hermes shirt for work for $6!!! YvesSaintLaurent Dress, Coach Pomps and they were all perfect, seemed like they were never ever worn either...

My BF has no qualms in picking up stuff there either, he got loads of Hugo Boss Shirts, Le Chateau, Fred Perry, Diesel EVERYTHING... whether its Office Clothes or Construction Type clothes, always bound to pick up something and save the pennies for a good time here :)

I even found a dress from pennies in there had the "Primark" Label and they were trying to charge $14 for it!!! lol I got a pair of DKNY Jeans for $9 instead.. lol

I know sometimes its hit and miss in them stores, I found the one on Danforth quite good. There really worth checking out if your not willing to spend a fortune, the unfortunate thing over here is clothing is expensive....

Hope this helps :)

• Advertisement

If i were you drive down to buffalo and go to the Fashion Outlets of Niagara Falls

http://www.fashionoutletsniagara.com/

lots of cheap clothes there

theres also dixie mall just outside toronto i didnt really like it but might be worth checking it out http://www.dixieoutletmall.com/en-CA

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭greenteaicedtea

sears & the bay are department stores, you should be able to find work clothes there

sears & the bay are department stores, you should be able to find work clothes there

fyi the bay and sears = arnotts, clearys and debinhams same kind of prices

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

old navy

Advertisement