Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crooked Lake Sprint Triathlon 2012

• 06-06-2012 12:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,164 ✭✭✭

Crooked Lake Sprint Triathlon 2012

So guys any boardies doing this one? It is an NS race and for me my second A race of the year. Reading the bike course description though does not fill me with confidence, "twisty, narrow roads with a steep climb or two". Give me flat and non techy any day! Anyway I'm sure I'll cope, it's not as if I've never raced those type courses and surely at some stage I will improve doing these.

Also has anyone ever done it before, any tips on the course or any tips at al? I really had hoped to do the course prior to Sat but that did not work out. Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭interested

swim is nice and accurate ...
    flat T1 area followed by immediate hill and then left hander onto country road, about 2 or 3k up that road theres a turn right and a steep section for about 150metres or so, rest of the 16.5k or so is flat and pretty fast from memory.
    after T2, 2 lap run course for the 4k or so, takes a right hander to start up a hill for about 300 or 400 metres before heading left out main road.

swim is nice and accurate though so dont go holding back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

A friend of mine was enquiring about this race, sold out i presume?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,164 ✭✭✭El Director

Thanks interested, body is beginning to feel a bit like my own again so now looking forward to it.

Hi JB, ya it sold out in 24hrs....I only got in on the back of an e-mail and a bit of luck :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭interested

good stuff, hopefully they're not pushing you too hard at work these days. Oh, hang on ... its June isn't it ? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,164 ✭✭✭El Director

interested wrote: »
    good stuff, hopefully they're not pushing you too hard at work these days. Oh, hang on ... its June isn't it ? :D

It sure is buddy, it sure is :cool:

• Advertisement
Advertisement