Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Should you have to buy everything over and over again?

• 06-06-2012 3:09am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭

Say I buy Top Gun on VHS in 1986 then DVD in 1998 then BluRay in 2012. I pay for the same thing 3 times over.
    And I (hypothetically) buy Bat Out Of Hell in 1978. Then I buy it again in 1984 when it comes out on CD.

Why? Top Gun was recorded in 1986, why do I have to wait until now to buy the high-res version on it?
    If you buy an album/film, can you buy it again, just slightly better? What about just a little bit higher quality?
    Why pay more for something that you've already bought? Should that not open the door to a trade-in scheme?
    Hand in the DVD, get 50% off?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

They make more money this way?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭eth0

I download a torrent once and thats it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 969 ✭✭✭some random drunk

Who's making you buy it?

Why not just keep your vcr and tapes? Why do you need the new version?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Recording films off the telly is killing the movie industry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Doc

Reoil wrote: »
    Say I buy Top Gun on VHS in 1986 then DVD in 1998 then BluRay in 2012. I pay for the same thing 3 times over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

eth0 wrote: »
    I download a torrent once and thats it

But which one?!?

aXXo or IMAGiNE?

DVDRip or BRRip?

720p or 1080p?

MKV or AVI?

Dammit man, all the scene groups are totally ripping me off, making me download all these different versions. Time is money, y'know?

grindle wrote: »
    But which one?!?

aXXo or IMAGiNE?

DVDRip or BRRip?

720p or 1080p?

MKV or AVI?

Dammit man, all the scene groups are totally ripping me off, making me download all these different versions. Time is money, y'know?

MPG.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

MPG.

That's what they all contain.

EDIT:not all, but most.

Advertisement