Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Booking Fees - Complain to National Consumer Agency

Options
  • 06-06-2012 5:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 8

I have just submitted the following to the National Consumer Agency ;

When purchasing tickets with Aer Lingus the only free option - (which they obliged to provide) is visa electron however I cannot find a way to obtain one of these cards. Is this really meeting their obligation? Surely they should accept visa debit. Similarly, Ryanair have a minimum load of 150 euros on thier new passport card -which is hardly a free option! Can you tell me what action your organisation will be taking to address these issues?

I don't know whether they will respond but perhaps if boards members complained in numbers they may do something?

I know it's optimistic but I am heartily sick of these rip off fees!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,248 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

The EU have these charges in their sights (that is if the EU still exists in a few years)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

you will end up paying the same price for your flights even if the transaction wasnt there if thats any consulation

• Registered Users Posts: 7,248 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Yes exactly, however I prefer it to be more transparent.

If I book return flights for a family of four, the handling fee can be €48. It doesn't cost that much to handle one credit card transaction, so I prefer them to just say ok you are giving that to the airline.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭bailey99

did you try to select the Visa Electron option and then enter your visa debit card details???

And the booking system wouldn't accept this no?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 crink

Yes it worked on BMI Baby previously (now defunct from Knock) but not with Aer Lingus!

NCA
    Thank you for your query. Your query has been successfully received and a member of our staff will review it and reply accordingly.

You will receive a reply within 48 hours. Date & Time: 6:6:2012

As of yet no reply 13th June

• Advertisement
Advertisement