Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Who Do You Think Is The Most Famous person in the world

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭mickrock

Buddha.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Michael Jackson by a long way!

After he died, his songs were constantly being played around the world!

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Dublinwon

Definitely madonna

• Closed Accounts Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Battered Mars Bar

Pat Shortt
    Twink
    The cool cats of Fair City

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭Alessandra

The UK Queen or the Pope? Not the most 'popular' per se, but in terms of being internationally recognised they'd be well known. Also Michael Jackson, Elvis, Madonna are/were iconic world wide.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭SocSocPol

Dr.Manmohan Singh. he's the Prime Minister of India so well in excess of 1,000,000,000 people know who he is:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

You can find out who is the most popular person on the web at this site
    http://topwebperson.com

Without looking..is it Teddy? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

Ronald McDonald

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Tupac is pretty famous

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭retroactive

Kim Jong Il

Everyone has heard of him, including the North Koreans

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 125 ✭✭UserName 217

ATM I think everyone knows Obama

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

Marty Morrissey

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

Hitler/Stalin. Also the current queen

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Mr Hanky........the Christmass Poo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

Michael Jackson I'd vote for. Pretty sure everyone on the planet knows who he is be it for the right or wrong reasons!

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭Wereghost

frag420 wrote: »
    Brendan Kilkenny
    I've worked in the same building as him for maybe 8 years and have only heard him mentioned a few times. (He has a day job as a civil servant.)

My choice would be Mohammed, given the absence of Jesus' figurative long-form birth certificate and all that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Michael Jackson I'd vote for. Pretty sure everyone on the planet knows who he is be it for the right or wrong reasons!

Thats "ignorant".....:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Who Do You Think Is The Most Famous person in the world

As in still alive ? ...simple ...Paul McCartney

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 927 ✭✭✭nanook5

Usain Bolt Because Hes Basically everywhere on newspapers , tv ,internet when races are on:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

nanook5 wrote: »
    Usain Bolt Because Hes Basically everywhere on newspapers , tv ,internet when races are on:D
    He's only flavor of the month now ... Jordan will be back soon :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭Goro

Jackie Chan IS the most famous person in the world. Think about it.

I remember reading that Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan could well have been the most famous in his day considering everyone in the Indian subcontinent knew who he was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

mike65 wrote: »
    Barack Osama Bin Laden.
    16 posts to yield the correct answer. Racists..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,335 ✭✭✭Heckler

Santa. Without a doubt.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,272 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Somebody in China - a crappy singer probably. Even if only half of the Chinese knew who he/she was it's an eighth of the world's population.

I doubt most of the world's people struggling to survive know or care who the Bieber creature is, or any Western world runner/actor/politician.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

spurious wrote: »
    Somebody in China - a crappy singer probably. Even if only half of the Chinese knew who he/she was it's an eighth of the world's population.

I doubt most of the world's people struggling to survive know or care who the Bieber creature is, or any Western world runner/actor/politician.

I'm pretty sure more than half of the Chinese population would know of the Chinese Premier!

The fact that about 1/3 of the worlds population are in 2 countries makes it difficult to predict.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 136 ✭✭barry711

Mike Tyson...well at one stage at least.

Advertisement