Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

East Link Toll

• 06-06-2012 10:02am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭

Can I go across this for free on my bike?

It would be so handy if I could. If not any idea if they give cheap bike rates?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

East Link is free,there's a little lane on the far left on each side of the booths that lets you just ride around the barrier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Pity the tunnel isn't free.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

Paparazzo wrote: »

Aye. If it was, I'd be in it every day giving it large! :cool: :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

Thanks!

I must try the tunnel sometime :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Aye. If it was, I'd be in it every day giving it large! :cool: :pac:

+1. Went through it once with the baffle out and it sounded great:D Only problem was I couldn't get in back firing on overrun:(

• Advertisement

Tunnel is only €3 on weekends or off peak. Unreal how quick you can make it from the point dept to the airport! I used it to get to the airport during rush hour a good few times.

Tunnel is only €3 on weekends or off peak..

Really?? Hmmmm..... :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Tunnel is only €3 on weekends or off peak. Unreal how quick you can make it from the point dept to the airport! I used it to get to the airport during rush hour a good few times.

It's €10 at rush hour, you must of been really in a rush to spend €10 on a bike to beat traffic:eek:
    Really?? Hmmmm..... :cool:

There's way too many cameras in it to have real fun. And I'm not 100% on this as I have only used it a couple of times but I think when you go over 80km/h the speed signs start to flash at you, don't know if they can do anything to you or if they need to call the Guards.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,258 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Del2005 wrote: »
    And I'm not 100% on this as I have only used it a couple of times but I think when you go over 80km/h the speed signs start to flash at you, don't know if they can do anything to you or if they need to call the Guards.

It flashes the reg of the speeder too.

spurious wrote: »

They'll be lucky. My reg plate is the size of a cigarette box and my tax disc fell over my reg no. (ooops) :cool: Still, handy to know, cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Topper Harley

And I'm not 100% on this as I have only used it a couple of times but I think when you go over 80km/h the speed signs start to flash at you, don't know if they can do anything to you or if they need to call the Guards.
    spurious wrote: »

Some of the speed signs seem to just flash anyway.

But then there are other signs which show the speed and reg of the speeder. Got caught myself by this once a good while back while flying through and have seen many others caught by it too since. But I never got any ticket or heard any more about it. However, I have never gone over the limit in the tunnel since... job done. All these incidents involved cars by the way.

It is a pity that bikes can't use the tunnel for free though as not only would it be handier for those using it, I would imagine that it would be safer for riders too... straight stretch of road with little traffic on it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 297 ✭✭SaoriseBiker

Yes indeed, great buzz flying through it. Once seen one of those Garda crime and car safety programmes on RTE. Some total imbecile stopped and attempted to turn to go back down the tunnel :rolleyes: :mad: :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,364 ✭✭✭bladespin

They'll be lucky. My reg plate is the size of a cigarette box and my tax disc fell over my reg no. (ooops) :cool: Still, handy to know, cheers.

Cameras on the tunnel should capable of reading the likes of that and smaller, some could pick up the details from a newspaper on the dash (though that was a shot in a million really).

MasteryDarts Ireland - Master your game!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Cocoon

What would happen if you entered the tunnel from the M1 and just before the toll booth done a U turn through the bollards and took a ripp back out again, just for sound effects like and a bit of warp factor effect :D... Small reg would be handy too...

It's €10 at rush hour, you must of been really in a rush to spend €10 on a bike to beat traffic:eek:

If you're getting free parking at the airport, and don't need to pay for a bus/taxi, €10 is nothing. I work in the South City, about 2 minutes from the new samuel beckett bridge. The idea of getting to and going down Pearse street, Tara Street, across the bridge up gardner street, dorset street and the nightmare that's drumcondra in heavy traffic when I can cross the SB bridge and be at the port tunnel in about 5 minutes is appealing! I only do it the odd time, normal commute is out west.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 297 ✭✭SaoriseBiker

Likewise :).

Advertisement