Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband in Dundalk.

Options
  • 06-06-2012 10:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Got irish broadband at the mo. 2Mb up and 2MB down for 37€. Considering what People get up north and in Dublin on UPC and magnet, i'm being ripped off. Anyone suggest a better offer i can get in Dundalk? Or just downgrade to three 3G on my iPhone.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭Salvation

Where exactly are you in Dundalk ?

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Drogmal

Smart LLU is the way to go in Dundalk. Upto 24mb down for €29.95 per month.

Or digiweb or wiimax would offer you better speeds and value than the Irish broadband.

Obviously as Salvation says availability depends on your location.

I would strongly advise against Wimax (Imagine) totally unreliable, they block ports and basically crap.

Had it for 1 day and told them to take it out was so bad.

You can get Digiweb Metro 30MB is some areas of the town, Net1 and if a phone line is required, Smart seems the best, I am currently changing over to them from Vodafone which have a good service but horrible CS

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Drogmal

I thought Metro 30mb isn't in Dundalk yet. Only 8mb or 12mb, maybe it is available now but it wasn't when I checked a month ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Kwak.ie

Salvation wrote: »
    Where exactly are you in Dundalk ?

Langfield on Dublin road. Gets Irish broadband ok it had line of sight but the speed is pants for the price. I do like the constant download and same upload speed but want more :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 Kwak.ie

Drogmal wrote: »
    Smart LLU is the way to go in Dundalk. Upto 24mb down for €29.95 per month.

Or digiweb or wiimax would offer you better speeds and value than the Irish broadband.

Obviously as Salvation says availability depends on your location.

Gee I've being paying 37€ for the last 6 years. I should of started to shop around ages ago!! This Smart crowd is the upload high speed too? And I take it it's landline?

Okay If you have a phone line you can roughly get between 8 and 9MB's

Using the phone number of the topaz close by to you this is what it came back with :

Your number: 042 9339485
    Your Exchange: Dundalk
    Services Available: Phone,Broadband
    Line Quality: 9.9MB

Using this site :

http://www.homevision.ie/broadband1.aspx#

I find it fairly accurate.

So your options if you have a phone line would be smart for 29.95 per month or whatever DSL product is available :

http://www.smarttelecom.ie/home_broadband.aspx

You could also most likely get Net1 wireless as I would reckon you should have decent line of site to the highsite on the castletown road.

Advertisement