Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats the quickest way to Cork?

Options
  • 06-06-2012 10:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭

Trying to get to a gig there tomorrow night and due to a communication f*ck up everyone else heading to Kildare tonight and I never got that message!

Anywho i know that the Donegal to Cork air route isn't available anymore but does anyone know of a way there thats easier than a 9 hour bus journey in the morning!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

This will probably sound a bit mental but from Letterkenny you're as well to go to Dublin and then fly down the motorway to Cork from there. Or get the train, theyre quite regular from Dublin - Cork and don't stop in many towns.

The alternative is to go Sligo, Claregalway, Limerick and on to Cork but the road isn't great in places between Limerick and Cork and it'll take a bit longer. Its a straighter run, just not as quick.

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭slimboyfat

If you are driving, best and quickest route is via Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Not driving sadly, have to rely on public transport etc!

looking at getthere.ie it give me a 9 hour journey through Galway.

If i can get to dublin airport for half 12 i could get a bus to Kildare and get a lift to cork around 3 but John McGinley buses would leave me limited on the return (from Dublin) and Bus Eireann would give me a window of 15 mins where any delay would screw me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

Did you look into train? Can you get a train from Derry - Belfast - Dublin - Cork? Ain't a clue how long it would take all the same, or how expensive for that matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Oh god a train! Think i'd need a mortgage to fund that journey.

feck it think i might risk the bus eireann one with the 15 minute window and cross fingers and toes!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,384 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

i wouldnt start from here ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭Durnish

I was hoping this was a joke thread and I was going to suggest bottling it.

Advertisement