Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Junior Cert 2012: English Paper 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭orriray59

Still It was VERY biased towards girls.

I just wrote he wasn't attractive because he was an ass.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Saoirse97

Saoirse97 wrote: »

Oops I said he had an un-attractive persinanity.
    You're screwed lol. :)
    -_-

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭dalta5billion

orriray59 wrote: »
    I got amazingly lucky with the boxer poem, because I am a boxer. I just basically wrote down what I myself went through and it was probably the best work in the exam that I did.
    Did you do the poet's language question? I said something about the lack of run on lines in the second part and the sporadic rhyming or something :L

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭IrishLoriii

P2 Went alright :) Delighted that I last minute did the early purges!
    Without a doubt I know i messed up my unseen fiction Q

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Slicence

theginger wrote: »
    I was writing right up to the end in both papers... I well preferred paper 1, but that's just because I think its easier than paper 2 and you don't have to learn quotes etc... The personal writing options were tough though! I was banking on a story that you have to put the words into but that didn't come up :( All in all, just THANKFUL it's over!!! :D Bring on Irish haha

It did. :P
    It was something like this: "I suddenly realised only a super-human could of done this"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭paddyzk

Saoirse97 wrote: »
    Oops I said he had an un-attractive personality ...said nothing about his looks...stress

I think they're looking for what you put down.
    In OL they'd expect answers relating to his looks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

The 2nd years are going to have some laugh next year when they take a glance at the 2012 paper in their Exam Papers :D

Also, I noticed a spelling error earlier on in the exam, not sure where right now but will find it later. Think it was awkward, they spelled it akwkward, anyhow a spelling mistake, in an English State Exam? !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 TheRandomStuff

I found that Paper 1 went much worse then Paper 2. I barely finished paper 1 and my essay was terrible. I even had extra time to do an extra question in Paper 2.

Omg how long were your answers to the paper 2 questions??! :confused:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 401 ✭✭Leinsterr

For unseen drama B in question 2 is all that about stylistic features????

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭dalta5billion

lee3155 wrote: »
    The 2nd years are going to have some laugh next year when they take a glance at the 2012 paper in their Exam Papers :D

Also, I noticed a spelling error earlier on in the exam, not sure where right now but will find it later. Think it was awkward, they spelled it akwkward, anyhow a spelling mistake, in an English State Exam? !!
    Oh and all those "We're violating this author's copyright for the purposes of a State Exam, kk bye?" at the top of each page :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 juniorcert2012

No offence intended but I'm feeling bad for those of you who have posted in here using "then" when "than" is the correct word, you just took English higher level and still don't understand the difference between the two words :p.
    Still It was VERY biased towards girls.

+11111111111
    I was looking at that question wondering why the **** they'd put it in there.
    Like come on "Do you think that Michael Collier was attractive?" haha I just bull****ted through that question, wasn't fair at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭IrishLoriii

I said he wasnt attractive cos hes too cocky and all :L I nearly wrote up his own hole but i stopped myself :L

• Registered Users Posts: 37 GavinEire

lol the amount of likes on facebook about michael and jane is unreal!

For unseen drama B in question 2 is all that about stylistic features?????

Oh and all those "We're violating this author's copyright for the purposes of a State Exam, kk bye?" at the top of each page :D

Oh yeah! We cant illegally download music but they can illegally steal content from a book!

Next time I download music I'll say that using it to help me study for a state exam ;)

Leinsterr wrote: »
    For unseen drama B in question 2 is all that about stylistic features?????

They're lenient on how you interpret "Attractive" they didn't give any information about his body and how he looked though so wouldn't it be hard to describe him?
    I said he's not an attractive person due to his personality being rude and hurtful when he embarrassed Jane.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Delightfully Pessimistic

No offence intended but I'm feeling bad for those of you who have posted in here using "then" when "than" is the correct word, you just took English higher level and still don't understand the difference between the two words :p.

+11111111111
    I was looking at that question wondering why the **** they'd put it in there.
    Like come on "Do you think that Michael Collier was attractive?" haha I just bull****ted through that question, wasn't fair at all.
    Yeah that was the most retarded question I've EVER seen on an exam paper, seriously what the F**k were they thinking? Don't get me started on the Foursome's :L

They're lenient on how you interpret "Attractive" they didn't give any information about his body and how he looked though so wouldn't it be hard to describe him?
    I said he's not an attractive person due to his personality being rude and hurtful when he embarrassed Jane.

No sorry I mean the UNSEEN DRAMA B where it talks about the elements which make the passage entertaining. Is that a style question eg anecdotal style, argumentative style etc

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭yoyojc

I'm genuinely surprised! Paper 2 in my eyes was the easiest of the last ten years without doubt. Paper one reading was quite difficult..

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭iWin1010

I OFFICIALLY HAVE THE WORST EXAM SEAT IN ALL OF IRELAND!!!
    I'm right at the dead, front centre of the hall, 30cm's away from the superintendent!! He was staring at me writing for all of paper 1 & 2!!! :(

FML:mad:

• Advertisement

iWin1010 wrote: »
    I OFFICIALLY HAVE THE WORST EXAM SEAT IN ALL OF IRELAND!!!
    I'm right at the dead, front centre of the hall, 30cm's away from the superintendent!! He was staring at me writing for all of paper 1 & 2!!! :(

FML:mad:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

...Sorry that was immature, no seriously that's not such a bad seat, if you need anything you won't need to do much to get his attention :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6 ciaran138

I kinda screwed up Paper 2. Very slow writing and too much thinking time meant that I only finished 3 questions. That said I attempted every last question and in every one of them, got more than half of the question done. In hindsight more study would have made the exam easier. I say all-in-all in the whole exam, I got I say a D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭The One Who Knocks

Ughh of course they give you details about michaels physical appearance.
    Here's the exact quote, I'm looking at it now

"he has a smile that would make you love him even if you didn't like him"

Also, because he is good at tennis, we can assume he's physically fit, and fit people are usually attractive.

There.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Pen Rua

Jamez735 wrote: »

Also, because he is good at tennis, we can assume he's physically fit, and fit people are usually attractive.

There.
    His face could be as ugly a f--- for all we know... Plus, did the question say in reference to the text? I don't have it to hand right now. But if it did, you can only say he had a nice smile and he's physically fit....

• Registered Users Posts: 20 cjcooly

For the Studied poetry , if you only wrote about 1 poem when it said poetry and only said one major theme when it said themes :confused:

cjcooly wrote: »
    For the Studied poetry , if you only wrote about 1 poem when it said poetry and only said one major theme when it said themes :confused:

Im sure u will get attempt marks at least if u wrote a page and a half

I wrote 3 a4s like it was a good answer other than the miss interpreting i was rushing !!!

how mush are attempt marks ?

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭TheZestyLemon

I felt paper one was harder than paper two.

In paper one, I did reading, then functional writing, media (which was okay, I answered the question on product placement as I wasn't 100% sure what was being asked in question 2) lastly, I did personal writing, I answered question three and wrote about some lad who's in a mental asylum, but thinks he's a superhero..

I was cutting it close for time in paper two, I left the unseen fiction for last and as a result I feel my fiction is the my poorest question.

If I had to guess I'd say I got a C, hopefully a B. There's no real way of knowing though. It all depends on the corrector and on how others did in the exam.

• Advertisement

Jamez735 wrote: »

There.

That's not enough tbh, if you want to explain how he's attractive you'll have to give details about his body - the examiner could be a strict old man who obviously doesn't want to read a paragraph about a dreamy teen, does he :whistle:

Advertisement