Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Shops in Dublin selling retro controllers and games n stuff?

• 06-06-2012 11:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭

Hey,

I have a PS1 here with Street Fighter vs X -men but I need 2 controllers, and perhaps a couple of games. My son is 6 and I think he'd love to experience Street Fighter.

Thanks.

PS: I did check out the sticky on retro shops but it is 205 pages long. Perhaps if anyone knows any shops they could be out onto page 1?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,265 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

There's a shop called The Rage on Fade street. Should be able to sort you out! Be warned though, you may also inadvertently come out with loads more goodies you couldn't resist ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,676 ✭✭✭mondeo

o1s1n wrote: »
    There's a shop called The Rage on Fade street. Should be able to sort you out! Be warned though, you may also inadvertently come out with loads more goodies you couldn't resist ;)

Is it still over the top expensive in there? Been a year since I was there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,470 ✭✭✭RedXIV

mondeo wrote: »
    Is it still over the top expensive in there? Been a year since I was there.

It'll never match online retailers, thats just the way of the world but overall, considering there are very few places offering this stuff, its not too bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,265 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Depends what you're after. If it's a well known RPG then you'll pay for it. You can get bargains on some other lesser known stuff though.

In the case of the OP, he should be able to get some PS1 controllers for next to nothing.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I have a nice controller on adverts.ie, it's for the ps
    http://www.adverts.ie/accessories/hori-compact-joystick/1555227
    1fc1c1c2db5852e08ffc380475e263360af3e32f873a64c06c29941d7cae0d6c.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,731 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

If you really loved your son, you'd make him experience Marvel VS Street Fighter on GGPO (near-perfect arcade emulation), with big proper arcade sticks, fighting total strangers and making him use 20c each time he loses.

;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭unky chop chop

Yeah its a sin to play any street fighter game on pad..especially PS1 crap.Be a good dad and do the right thing.
    For ps1 the hori like cider is selling is a good bet,or the Namco(more expensive).
    For a quick fix though,head into Rage.I find their prices reasonable and its good to browse in a real shop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,731 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Actually, PS1 pads are just grand for fighting games IMHO; it's the PS1 itself that struggles with 2D ports ;)

For reference, I used to play online when I was 16, and could do lots of advanced 3rd Strike & Garou stuff on an ancient PS1 DualShock.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

Bear in mind a PS2 controller will work perfectly well with a PS1 , so might be easier to get hold of one of them in a bricks and mortar store since a few of them still sell PS2 games 2nd hand (gamestop)

Advertisement