Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sligo to Liffey Valley by train!

Options
  • 06-06-2012 11:59am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

Hi,

Looking for somebody to help me. I will be starting a course commencing at Liffey Valley in September but I am going to be coming up from Sligo by train. Ideally I would like to get off the train at Maynooth and get to liffey valley by bus and vice versa rather than going the entire way into connolly station.

Can anyone advise me of the route, bus numbers etc or what they would do if they were me. I am tight on time for my return train so I cannot afford to go from liffey valley into connolly to catch the train home.

Also I take it there isn't a nearer train stop between Maynooth and Liffey valley, so basically if I were to get off the train can you confirm that Maynooth is the nearest stop either side of Liffey Valley.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I cannot make head nor tail of the Dublin Bus website.

Thank you!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,888 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

Hi,

Looking for somebody to help me. I will be starting a course commencing at Liffey Valley in September but I am going to be coming up from Sligo by train. Ideally I would like to get off the train at Maynooth and get to liffey valley by bus and vice versa rather than going the entire way into connolly station.

Thank you!

get off in Maynooth and you can get either:

the 67 from outside the Station (around every 30mins) or
    the 66 from Maynooth main street

get off on the N4 and cross over the footbridge to Liffey Valley (5-10 min walk from bus)

EDIT

another option may be Bus Eireann from Sligo as it comes in the N4

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

yeah train to maynooth then walk from the station away from the town or in the vernacular - right - then go to terminus of 66/67 either one should bring you to liffey valley.

you might get a fuller/better answer in the commuting section

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=246

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Train to Maynooth, that's about the nearest stop.

No. 67 bus from Maynooth station. Get off at stop number 2239 - Kings Hospital - and there's a flyover there which takes you directly into Liffey Valley.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Both busses run every 30 minutes. The 66 is a bit quicker, it will take about 25-30 minutes to get to Liffey Valley. The 66 bus-stop now has a handy real-time display, don't know if the 67 one does.

66 timetable
    http://dublinbus.ie/en/Your-Journey1/Timetables/All-Timetables/661/
    http://dublinbus.ie/en/Your-Journey1/Timetables/All-Timetables/671/

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Leixlip is on the same train line, and is a little closer to Liffey Valley, though I think fewer Sligo trains stop there?

The station is also right beside the 66 bus stop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

stevenmu wrote: »
    Leixlip is on the same train line, and is a little closer to Liffey Valley, though I think fewer Sligo trains stop there?

The station is also right beside the 66 bus stop.

I've never seen any stop in it, they just go through.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Michelle2012

Thanks everybody for your help, I will get off at Maynooth and take the 66 or 67.

@risky move, I was aware of the Bus Eireann service its just I suffer from terrible motion sickness and although I can manage Dublin Bus most of the time, Bus Eireann certainly is the worst ever! I had to use it up and down to Enniskillen for exams last year and its an experience I never intend repeating.

Thanks again everyone. :D

Advertisement