Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Class ages

• 06-06-2012 12:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭

I'm looking for a kick-boxing, boxing class or similar for myself and my younger sister. She's just about 14 and I'm 28 so the class would have to accept both those ages. We'd like a class that is not totally male dominated and not very intimidating for 2 very non-sporty people to try out. It's really to help build confidence in a shy young lady :) (and a shy not so young lady to be honest)

Is there anything like that out there? Anything I can find which is girls only is for adult women. We can go to Kildare, Carlow or Dublin. I'd really appreciate some pointers please.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭samk1

theres Bushido kick boxing in the mill in celbridge. Ive seen the class train a few times seem to be a good mix of ages girls and boys. Ive never taken the class but im sure its worth looking up.

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭reganreggie

Theres boxing / kickboxing at team balance in clonshaugh on a wed and theres a 16 year old girl in the class with us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 573 ✭✭✭chprt

we run women only classes in out place

mon wed thur 5.30

info in the web site below, thanks paddy

www.onlinemathsgrinds.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,621 ✭✭✭yomchi

Whispered wrote: »
    I'm looking for a kick-boxing, boxing class or similar for myself and my younger sister. She's just about 14 and I'm 28 so the class would have to accept both those ages. We'd like a class that is not totally male dominated and not very intimidating for 2 very non-sporty people to try out. It's really to help build confidence in a shy young lady :) (and a shy not so young lady to be honest)

Is there anything like that out there? Anything I can find which is girls only is for adult women. We can go to Kildare, Carlow or Dublin. I'd really appreciate some pointers please.

We're in Dublin city so we might be a bit far, but we do have people from Cavan travel to train with us. We are also predominantly a female club (more girls than boys) and a good mix of ages. You can train together with us!

www.redstar-tkd.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

Ladies Boxing classes in my Gym in Rush co, Dublin every Tue and Thurs at 6.30pm, this is real Boxing but the girls all do it for the fitness and not to compete, those who want to compete can do the competitors class aswell which is pretty much the same with sparring involved which competitors need.

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Thanks a lot! Loads to have a look at there.

Advertisement