Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coopers Kit, Lager or Canadian Blonde..?

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

With the change in weather this has dropped down to 18 degrees,will it be ok or should I try to get it back up around 22..?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,850 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

18 is perfect. Leave it.

BeerNut wrote: »
    18 is perfect. Leave it.

Thanks,some online saying 22 is ideal so was not sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

Bottled my batch of Canadian Blonde yesterday, was happy with the taste prior to carbonation so hoping it turns out well, got 52 bottles worth, happy days

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Ratsathome

Opened mine today after 20 days of carbonation.Great color but no head,plenty of carbonation and virtually no sediment in the bottle.Taste very good to me.

• Advertisement

Cheers for the updates lads,its good to here from people that bit further down the line.Have you any plans for another batch...?if so of what..?

Looking at an American Golden Ale,Wheat Beer or Ginger Beer.Can't make up my mind yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭sharingan

Ratsathome wrote: »
    Looking at an American Golden Ale,Wheat Beer or Ginger Beer.Can't make up my mind yet.

I haven't seen anyone that is happy with kit Ginger Beer. Its pretty easy to make from first principles (blend + boil lots of ginger, add to fermentables). It works especially nice if you use spray malt instead of sugar (it goes down like beer, but it has a great ginger kick).

A real favourite around my place.

sharingan wrote: »
    Its pretty easy to make from first principles (blend + boil lots of ginger, add to fermentables). It works especially nice if you use spray malt instead of sugar (it goes down like beer, but it has a great ginger kick).

A real favourite around my place.

I make the non-alcoholic for the kids, wife and friends from fresh and ginger powder.Every 2-3 weeks I make about 20l

Dub13 wrote: »
    Cheers for the updates lads,its good to here from people that bit further down the line.Have you any plans for another batch...?if so of what..?

Have a Coopers IPA kit in the shed waiting to be brewed, will use bottles water and DME this time as am more of an Ale fan than lager

• Advertisement

I am just after bottling this,all went well bar one thing.For the first 15 bottles I was putting in 2 carbonated drops as I taught the bottles were 750ml they are 500ml and should according to the instructions only have got 1 drop.

Will this effect them much..?

Dub13 wrote: »
    I am just after bottling this,all went well bar one thing.For the first 15 bottles I was putting in 2 carbonated drops as I taught the bottles were 750ml they are 500ml and should according to the instructions only have got 1 drop.

Will this effect them much..?
    I used 1 drop per 500ml bottle and my carbonation is a little low.The instructions said "1 drop for 330ml and 2 for 750ml". Logic say 1 1/2 for 500ml.Will not use them again. Will do batch sugar next time.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 idrinkbeer

I've used 2 drops per 500ml bottle twice now. First one was a Canadian Blonde and tasted excellent - some bottles were maybe a little over carbonated but no real harm done. 2nd one is a Coopers Lager and still conditioning under the stairs. No bottle bombs yet (touch wood)

opened a bottle of my Canadian tonight after 10 days of carbonation, head still disappears almost immediately but has the fizz and a nice taste, cant wait for the 3 weeks tasting

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭MANUTD99

When I did mine my reading was 1.038 and if you do the correction for the temp it was 1.040.So yours sound in that bracket depending on your temp when you took the sample.

My reading was 1.038.

At bottling when I put the carbonation drop into the bottle will that boost up the ABV% at all?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,850 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

A bit but not much.

Carbonation normally up it by about 0.5%

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭MANUTD99

Carbonation normally up it by about 0.5%

I'm guessing then my beer will turn out at about 4/4.1 %ABV.

I got a gift of the Coopers Pilsner so that will be my next brew. How can I get this up to around 5 %ABV.

I have 1.5kg of light spraymalt. Would it be too much to use all of that and would it leave bad head retention?

Advertisement